New To The Site And Heading To Dr With 20 Guys...a Little Help Please

ROCKAWAY JOHNNY

Jan 3, 2006
My buddy is getting married and the bachelor party is going to be in the DR. It is my responsibility to plan it. We will be going to Puerto Plata. I have been to Punta Cana. Pretty good time. We weren't happy with the hotels though. So, that being said, we are going to try our luck with Puerto Plata. My questions that need answering are:

1. What is the best of the best of the hotels?
2. How is the nightlife? Any recommendations?
3. Good restaurants?
4. Is there good fishing in the PP area?
5. Where are the best places to meet singles?

Thank you very much (in advance) for any help that you may be able to provide.

-RJ

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yeah ,but at $435 a night??????

I'd go with Iberostar there in POP. My son considers it to the the best. He did his honeymoon there and that is where he stay when there are golf tournaments up that way.

HB

blondytomato

Oct 19, 2005
No way,how nice is Casacolonial oh ...one day i suppose if i ever win the lottery.

I often wonder how there are so many lovely hotels yet so many people live in poverty about 10 yards away from that same hotel ...doesnt feel justified to me.

One things for sure Rockaway Johnny the ladies will love you when you say your staying there.

I recommend Sousa or Cabarete for nightlife.

Sep 19, 2005
the best hotels and then the best resturants?....seems like it could be a waste of money to check into a great all inclusive only to go eat at a resturant. Do you want the whole gang to hop in a cab or cabs and drive 20 minutes down the road....or walk to your nightlife? Do you care about a BEACH????

bob

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
laurapasinifan said:
the best hotels and then the best resturants?....seems like it could be a waste of money to check into a great all inclusive only to go eat at a resturant.

bob
He asked for the best of the best hotels. Casa Colonial, not an AI, winter rate is $350 and up, double occupancy, European plan. They are going to have to eat somewhere.

Sep 19, 2005
do you want to bring GUESTS back to your hotel?......some allow it others do not...better check first

where is the stag, if you even have a placed picked yet?.......or is it all along main street !!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha

whats the date? Id like to crash it if i am in town! ha ha ha

lets get the sankettes prepared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha.....more fodder for the spring in the sankie forum!

bob

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Bachelor party and Playa Dorada do not go hand in hand.
Playa Dorada is a family focused complex with a bunch of all-inclusive resorts. Girls, strippers etc are going to have a problem.
Staying at an AI if your planning a bachelor party is a very bad idea.

Try something like "Fields of Dreams" if your a bunch of guys coming for a bachelor party.

http://fieldofdreams.20m.com/

Santo Domingo is by far the best place to hold a bachelor party.
You have the locations, strip clubs, hotels, girls, restaurants, night life etc etc.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Robert said:
Bachelor party and Playa Dorada do not go hand in hand.
Playa Dorada is a family focused complex with a bunch of all-inclusive resorts. Girls, strippers etc are going to have a problem.
Staying at an AI if your planning a bachelor party is a very bad idea.

Try something like "Fields of Dreams" if your a bunch of guys coming for a bachelor party.

http://fieldofdreams.20m.com/

Santo Domingo is by far the best place to hold a bachelor party.
You have the locations, strip clubs, hotels, girls, restaurants, night life etc etc.

Yup. I hosted a bachelor party in SD this past May. 12 buddies came down from the States. The city has everything you need and day trips to the beach are easy.

Scandall

ROCKAWAY JOHNNY

Jan 3, 2006
Granted, the Casa Colonial looks beautiful and I appreciate the suggestion, but the place isn't for us. Trust me. Not because of cost. But, because of the guests that will be staying there. It would be like the cast from Animal House crashing a party at the White House. Ya know? I guess I should have been a little more informative when it came to what w're looking for.

Is Santo Domingo by the beach? What is an AI...I am assuming that means All-Inclusive???

I am married but there will definitely be guys looking to bring ladies back to their rooms...so I guess that should be a consideration. How do you ask if "guests" are permitted. ****, I shouldn't have gotten so drunk when I was there last. I should have paid a little more attention. LOL. The party is crash landing in mid June...right around the 15th. Are there any ways to contact some of the beauties before we arrive. Last thing, I was (for myself and two other guys) tempted to rent one of the villas right outside downtown Puerto Plata...any thoughts or comments???

If we decide to stick with the mainstream hotels, can you continue to post some recommendations?

Again, thank you very much. You have all been very helpful already.

-RJ

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Villla

Rockaway Johny.
When I heard you mention a villa, - why not???? it would be ideal.
You should contact Rimma from Sunnyvilla rentals and tell her exactly what you need and why.
Probably you guys are going to be partying at different places anyways, so why do an all inclusive. I say, get a place to accomodate and party on- hit the bars or whatever! Just my opinion.

We are heading to Cabarete on Sunday!!! I will be better versed on the entire scene once I get back, as I plan on seeing and doing a few things.

Good Luck
Meg

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
ROCKAWAY JOHNNY said:
Granted, the Casa Colonial looks beautiful and I appreciate the suggestion, but the place isn't for us. Trust me. Not because of cost. But, because of the guests that will be staying there. It would be like the cast from Animal House crashing a party at the White House. Ya know? I guess I should have been a little more informative when it came to what w're looking for.

Is Santo Domingo by the beach? What is an AI...I am assuming that means All-Inclusive???

I am married but there will definitely be guys looking to bring ladies back to their rooms...so I guess that should be a consideration. How do you ask if "guests" are permitted. ****, I shouldn't have gotten so drunk when I was there last. I should have paid a little more attention. LOL. The party is crash landing in mid June...right around the 15th. Are there any ways to contact some of the beauties before we arrive. Last thing, I was (for myself and two other guys) tempted to rent one of the villas right outside downtown Puerto Plata...any thoughts or comments???

If we decide to stick with the mainstream hotels, can you continue to post some recommendations?

Again, thank you very much. You have all been very helpful already.

-RJ
I have a friend who loves to rent villas at casa linda http://www.casalindaonline.com/
This may be a good idea, due to the fact that you have a lot of guys looking for action. Plus you can bus over as many hookers you please to pay for. You don't need to worry about contacting the beauties (if you want to call them that) before hand, they'll be there ready and waiting. Have Fun

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Animal House is welcome

Just a suggestion....SOSUA.

Hotel europa... 40 dollars a night and guest friendly and nice owner.

Eddy's sports bar... shoot some pool, ice cold beer and really nice people... including the owner.

Rocky's if you like ribs,or other items.

The beaches right there, and enough women to shake a stick at.

GOOD LUCK..ENJOY.;)

God I hope....A.Z.B. don't read this.;)

ROCKAWAY JOHNNY

Jan 3, 2006
I have taken a look at the casa linda site. very nice places. Thanks Ricardo. How far are the villas from the nightlife? Do you think I am going to get there and find that my neighbors for the week are 85 years old?

Sep 19, 2005
speaking of AZB......

could it be finally a meaningful new years resolution!!!!!!!!!!!

his absence from a few well baited threads lends credence to the possibility he turned a new leaf, and will be a kind, caring sole to all, especially the needy barrio folk, and dumb foreigners feeling their way through the seedy chopo hangouts!

its a bird..no its a plane....no its AZB to the rescue in downtown Santiago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"of course I'll give you a ride to Tamboril, both you and your hooker girlfriend and her brother and half sister as well."

"what!! yours is the house with no front door...of course I know the place.

No,! no problem taking a shower at my place first, I just took some towels out of the dryer before I left the house. What?, Its a machine that removes the water from the clothes and things you wash ."

bob

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Just rent a few rooms in Sosua @ Europa and avoid problems.

If you need a luxury hotel for Primadonna's then you can always find them rooms.

It will be easy to rent out another "Hall" for the main event.