SuperClub Breezes Punta Cana Review...

**princess

Oct 31, 2005
Flight was awful with Thompson, I'm sure its not legal for it too be that cramped. And we had two seats each due to an empty ish flight.

I went to Punta Cana for the second time this year, in September, with my best friend...so two single 18 year olds...

Arriving in Punta Cana and getting off the flight is so amazing walking on solid ground after nearly ten hours. Bliss! When the heat hits you and you can hear the meringue music. Our bags were quickly off the aeroplane, and it was quite uneventful, until we got stopped with our bags. I always get my bags taken and some Dominican man wants to carry them to the coach for $5 but I really didn?t have any change on me, except like $50 so I kept saying the man, no no no I?m fine with my bags. Well he was a customs official. GREAT! I wouldn't let him near my bag until I realised and Security came over. He was in plain clothes though! After they had sifted through our underwear, we got into our taxi and were on our way!

The hotel is stunning, real beautiful reception and the reception staff were usually quite helpful, we got checked in straight away and bags straight up to the room. We had been upgraded to an Ocean View suite, as it was the second visit to the hotel in 2months.

Rooms are beautiful, real comfy beds, and shower is so powerful which is great for getting sand/salt out of long hair. Air is very powerful, and lovely to come into after a hot day. Maids come and change towels etc daily and clean the rooms, always make swans and fans out of our clothes, and put flowers in the room, its real lovely. We also received a complimentary fruit basket, some delicious mamajuana chocolates. mmmm! And two bottles of rum which was a nice welcome.

The pool is alright, quite large, but could do with a bit of cleaning, and the pool bar needs a bit of tiding, but hey its a swim up bar. If you want a sun bed and umbrella you need to be by the pool for half 8, as there isn?t many! Activities throughout the day if you want to join in. Towels are replaced as many times a day as you like, unlike most all-inclusive hotels, its great especially if it rains. Music is constantly on, mostly don miguelo and adventura with some daddy Yankee.

The beach is outstanding, I do think Bavaro beach is beautiful though, the most beautiful I?ve been to, better than ocho rios or negril in Jamaica and better than Porto Cervo in Italy which is meant to be outstanding, just doesnt compare.

Buffet place for breakfast, which i only made 2 mornings of the holiday, but it is nice, everything you could ever imagine, and I loved the fresh tomatoes and an egg... just was sooo nice.
Have the choice of 3 restaurants for lunch, the buffet, which I never ate at, the 'marlin' pool restaurant, which is burgers, pasta, chips, etc, or the Mexican restaurant, which serves pizza burgers and chicken. The Pizza is good.

Dinner there is a massive choice of restaurants,

Japanese... is fantastic, amazing food and they cook it all in front of you. Wouldn?t advise the shrimp as it wasn?t cooked, and out neighbour got ill, but I didn?t eat it and I was fine
Italian - fabulous
Seafood - I hate seafood but everybody else loved the restaurant
Mexican - amazing food
Dominican - lovely
French - great food, gets very booked up!
Buffet - do fabulous pasta and great salad, we ate there allot.

Entertainment is all right; they have shows at night and always a stupid game to begin with, but only 7 shows so if you?re there for 2weeks its get boring! The karaoke is quite fun though. They play games all day on the beach and around the pool. The cocktail games are quite good, and they?re usually quite entertaining. Volleyball is always fun!

There are loads of bars and a constant supply of cocktails, alcoholic and non-, fabulous drinks; they always serve you quickly and with a smile. The serve all good quality alcohol, baileys on ice!! Or baileys and sambuka! Yummy! Nightclub is ok, small but play ok music.. Staff get you dancing, you can?t smoke inside the disco, which had pros and cons, bar service is great in there.

Staff are always helpful, and smiley, everyone gives your a hola, or a hi beautiful, bless them! If you want something from reception you have to ring and ring and ring, our safety deposit box didn?t work and I had to ring like 10 times!

The grounds are constantly kept, looks fantastic, the hotel is just great. It?s a fantastic hotel and a great holiday. Would definitely go back, some time. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Sounds like you had a great time, this is hotel that I want to stay at when I visit PUJ.