Feeling of extascy

DoraRocks316

Sep 12, 2005
Hey there..

When I went to D.R. in Nov 05 I must admit I had a great time and the people there are very friendly, but I don't know about the men. Yes I have read the section on Sankies and trust me I've seen and heard many stories about the men down there. But why is it that I have this need still to go down there. Could it be the weather that gets to my head, or falling in love in the tropical paradise. I know living in Canada is quite different from the D.R. But It's like as soon as you get off the plane ( I really don't know how to explain it but like a feeling of extascy). Is there anyone out there that feels the same or comes close to it. It doesn't make a difference every time I come back from there it's like I get depressed and seem like I don't know which way i'm coming or going. But one thing is for certain, I can't wait to book my trip again.

Can anyone relate to me?

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
Yep,

I know exactly what u mean....
Its a mix of the weather, tropicalness (if thats even a word lol) and the differences it has with Canada. And the guys play a part in it for me too hehe

*Baby Girl

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Baby Girl said:
Yep,

I know exactly what u mean....
Its a mix of the weather, tropicalness (if thats even a word lol) and the differences it has with Canada. And the guys play a part in it for me too hehe

*Baby Girl

It is a feeling unlike any other, I have vacationed in many tropical destinations, Costa Rica, Cuba, Jamaica to name a few, and yet I have never felt what I feel when I am in the DR!

Jan 5, 2006
I was born there, and yet I get that feeling everytime that I go back, which is quite often. It starts as soon as the warm air hits you when you're exiting the plane.

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
ay que rico

oh yes!;) I agree with Hipolito I mean Hipocrito (what a great name btw) I went to DR first time in 2000 and I still remember this feeling when you step out of the plane, the humid hot fragranced air, and then when you are there... perfumadas madrugadas y oscuras noches

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
I get the same feeling as well.

The warm and sunny tropical weather, clean and partial nude beaches, romantic music, and young and sexy women. And all of this is only a 3-hour flight from New York City (where I live).

The Dominican Republic is a very nice getaway.

Thailand is also a country I promise you will hate to leave. But it is too far away from the United States and Canada.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
I need a palm tree fix right now. As soon as I see one all stress drains from my body. It seems that I need a lounge, under a palm tree, around a pool, in PP, in order to really relax, not care about anything, and read books. I miss that feeling of coming home when you land at the airport too. April seems so far away right now.

illwill76

Oct 11, 2005
Dora it is not just you I came back from Puerto Plata about a month ago and I can honestly see why people change their lives and move to this country it is excelente (See I even adopted some of the language as my own lol)!

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
I don't know if it's a feeling of ecstasy, so much as it is a feeling of relief and just seeming to belong there anytime I arrive and get off of the plane. I feel a real sense of freedom, with none of the constraints and burdens of home. I just returned to the states January 5th and while I sat in the POP airport waiting for a late plane to arrive, it was the first time I have ever seriously contemplated getting up and returning to my hotel for an extended stay. I keep telling folks back home that one day I am simply not going to use the return portion of my ticket.:classic:

No problem, though. Two more weeks and I am back in paradise!!!!!!!! And this time to relax and enjoy myself.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Welcome to the club " Addicted to the DR " :classic: There are many of us the club keeps growing!
I'm missing the DR very much myself these days :(
Just keep planning trips back :)

Erin24

Jan 9, 2006
i know what you mean

Yes I do know what you mean, i just came back dec 15th 2005 and i was depressed, the DR is an amazing place

PerfectIsBoring

Dec 30, 2005
Its the EXACT same way for me. I get off the plane and the whole atomosphere just hits me. I love it. I feel so great when I'm there. It really IS like ecstacy. And when I leave...I cry for the whole bus ride to the airport and the whole plane ride and some more when I get home. lol

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Ahhhh...That feeling...The tingling sensation in your pants...Oh wait I was thinking about something else. Seriously though, I know exactly how you guys feel. Jack, I just returned on the 3rd and while I was in Miami waiting for my flight to Detroit (which was very delayed) there was this flight boarding going to Santo Domingo...Just like you I felt like taking that flight back and staying until I got tired of being down there...

One of these days...

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
suarezn said:
Ahhhh...That feeling...The tingling sensation in your pants...Oh wait I was thinking about something else. Seriously though, I know exactly how you guys feel. Jack, I just returned on the 3rd and while I was in Miami waiting for my flight to Detroit (which was very delayed) there was this flight boarding going to Santo Domingo...Just like you I felt like taking that flight back and staying until I got tired of being down there...

One of these days...

Speak it, brother, speak it. LOL. I think what's going to make it even more difficult in the future to return home to the states is that I will now have a home to stay in while I'm there in the DR, instead of living out of suitcases at some hotel, having to lock up all of my things in my luggage each time before I leave my room. As you've said, "one of these days".

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
jackquontee said:
I don't know if it's a feeling of ecstasy, so much as it is a feeling of relief and just seeming to belong there anytime I arrive and get off of the plane. I feel a real sense of freedom, with none of the constraints and burdens of home.
Yes, I agree. On my first trip here in Nov 2001, I experienced a sense of belonging that I had not experienced anywhere before. It was more than infatuation; I just knew I wanted to be here. My second trip was 6 weeks after the first and about a dozen trips later, I am living here. I was just back in NY for the holidays and upon returning here, I experienced a feeling of relief like Jack described.

My trip to NY came after living here 4 months and going back was a bit of a litmus test for me. It did not take me long however to realize I had left nothing behind in NY. There is nothing in the United States for me. If it was not for my family and a few responsibilities I left behind that need my attention, I would not go back to visit anytime soon. I just do not want to be there.

There is a place in this world for everyone. I found mine.

Larry