non AI option in Sosua

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
Hi guys,
I am planning a trip to DR and want o spend few days in Sosua, which hotel is better - Club Residencial or Playa Colibri or maybe El Paraiso? I am not a fan of AI but I want something comfortable because I am coming with my mom (to show her the country that I fell in love with). Security is very important for me, I was robbed in Sosua in 2003 and still am a bit cautious.

Thanks.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
amanacer said:
which hotel is better - Club Residencial or Playa Colibri or maybe El Paraiso?.....I am coming with my mom

If you are coming with your Mom I would cross Club Residencial off the list. Your Mom may not enjoy the area surrounding Club Residencial. :rolleyes:

Club Residencial is a very nice ApartHotel. It is usually my #1 choice. I just think it is not Mom friendly.

monsoon68

Dec 19, 2005
Did you check Sosua by the Sea? it is a small boutique hotel with the services of a big hotel. If you don't need the big entertainment of the AI resorts, and prefer a relaxing place, I would recomend it.

Just google and you will find some info.

Enjoy your holiday!

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
thanks, I know Sosua by the sea but it is open I mean people can enter from outside and I would rather stayed in a place where you have just one guarded entrance
Bigbird do you mean the surroundings hooker wise or something else? I think hookers my mom can handle:nervous: ...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
amanacer said:
Hi guys,
I am planning a trip to DR and want o spend few days in Sosua, which hotel is better - Club Residencial or Playa Colibri or maybe El Paraiso? I am not a fan of AI but I want something comfortable because I am coming with my mom (to show her the country that I fell in love with). Security is very important for me, I was robbed in Sosua in 2003 and still am a bit cautious.

Thanks.
I am not familiar with Playa Colibri, but if you mean, El Colibri, then it is a bit far from the center of town, and I can't see it being more secure than Club Residencial. El Paraiso is very secure, and very close to everything.

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
Yes I meant El Colibri, I confused its name with the place in Las Terrenas. Thanks I also thought El Paraiso has the best location, but I remembered it was usually deserted back in the days...
thanks Rocky

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
amanacer said:
Yes I meant El Colibri, I confused its name with the place in Las Terrenas. Thanks I also thought El Paraiso has the best location, but I remembered it was usually deserted back in the days...
thanks Rocky
They close El Paraiso after high season, so it may have appeared deserted to you.
Another good option might be the Waterfront.
I bump a lot of our overflow into there, and I have never heard of any security problems, and it would be a bit less sterile than El Paraiso.
The view from the pool is awesome and there is now a new beach right in front of it.

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
will check out the Waterfront, oh so many changes in Sosua, new beaches and stuff, I can't wait to see it all

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
amanacer said:
Bigbird do you mean the surroundings hooker wise or something else? I think hookers my mom can handle:nervous: ...

You guessed it. As soon as you walk out the front gate there are Hookers everywhere;) . Club Residencial is very, very secure but it is a 10 minute walk to the center of town. If you want to be close to the street ladies Club Residencial is the place to be. If you want to be closer to the center of town than take the advice of some of the other replies.

Are you and your Mom going to share one room? What is your price range for a room? Do you want something fancy or just a simple room with bed and bath?

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
we will share the room that's why i wanted an apartment, we plan to spend a week in las terrenas and just few days in sosua, the budget is not big around $50 I mean I only plan to sleep in the place so don't want to spend that much, would rather enjoy life more and eat and drink

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
You could try Hotel Don Andres. They have very reasonable 2 bedroom appartments and is closer to centrum than most other places.

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
will check DonAndres, tried to find about One Ocean Place or ApartHotel Nuevo Mundo, the place doesn't seem to have its own website although it has been mentioned on some other websites
does anyone know this place and how to contact them?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
amanacer said:
tried to find about One Ocean Place or ApartHotel Nuevo Mundo, the place doesn't seem to have its own website although it has been mentioned on some other websites

One thing I forgot to mention, the location of Nuevo Mundo will require riding a motoconcho at night.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
amanacer said:
will check DonAndres, tried to find about One Ocean Place or ApartHotel Nuevo Mundo, the place doesn't seem to have its own website although it has been mentioned on some other websites
Sent you a PM.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
bigbird said:
One thing I forgot to mention, the location of Nuevo Mundo will require riding a motoconcho at night.

Why would you need a motoconcho to get here at night ? They got an entrance in the middle of c Ayuntamiento.

joecanada

Jan 15, 2004
Amenacer:

Have fun while you're in town, and I hope your mom enjoys this town at least as much as you have.

Sosua by the Sea, by the way, has 24hr security and enforces a no-guest policy. Perhaps you're thinking of hotel Sosua...?

Cheers!

joe

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
monsoon68 said:
Did you check Sosua by the Sea? it is a small boutique hotel with the services of a big hotel. If you don't need the big entertainment of the AI resorts, and prefer a relaxing place, I would recomend it.

Just google and you will find some info.

Enjoy your holiday!

Thats a good choice for mom.

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
sosua by the sea

Joe, I remeber one could pass through Sosua by the Sea but maybe it was closed while I was there, I checked their website, they look really good just need to check if I should stretch my budget a bit.
Thanks guys

Last edited: