cabarete to Las Terrenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigers

Nov 29, 2005
Any possible transportation to las terrenas from cabarete other than the mysterio bus that supposedly shows up at the sosua police station at 7am? We're interested in going for an overnight trip.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
It is not a mysterious bus. 7 days a week it passes through Sosua about 7 am.

If you want to go direct to Las Terenas from Sosua, the only way to do it is by taxi or rental car.

You can take that bus to Sanchez and get transportation from there to Las Terrenas. Or you can take a series of publicos or quaguas to Nagua and a Caribe Tours bus from their to Sanchez.

To return, you have the same options. The bus that passes through Sosua about 7 am leaves Samana at 2 pm. If you are waiting along the highway at the intersection with the highway to Las Terrenas about 2:15, you will be able to flag down that bus on its way back to Sosua and Puerto Plata.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Ken said:
If you want to go direct to Las Terenas from Sosua, the only way to do it is by taxi or rental car.

How long is the ride in a taxi and cost?

Ken said:
If you are waiting along the highway at the intersection with the highway to Las Terrenas about 2:15, you will be able to flag down that bus on its way back to Sosua and Puerto Plata.

Is this the last bus for Sosua?

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
craigers said:
Any possible transportation to las terrenas from cabarete other than the mysterio bus that supposedly shows up at the sosua police station at 7am? We're interested in going for an overnight trip.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I am looking at a picture of the bus(Puerto Plata to Samana) and on the side of the bus I could read:
"Transporte El Canario" Tel: 809-291-5594, try calling them.

Taxi fom Cabarete to Las Terrenas is $110US and takes a good 3+hours, all depend of the traffic.

WebDev

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
oh did things changed? I remeber this bus used to leave Caribe Tour point in Charamicos a bit after 7 a.m., and on the way back you could catch it at 4p.m. from Sanchez. Also the way to go from Sanchez to la Terrenas is by motoconcho, peligroso yes! but damn beautiful!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
WebDev said:
Taxi fom Cabarete to Las Terrenas is $110US and takes a good 3+hours, all depend of the traffic.

WebDev

Thanks WebDev, I better forget about that. I will be in Sosua for 17 days and I am trying to find different day trips.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
amanacer said:
oh did things changed? I remeber this bus used to leave Caribe Tour point in Charamicos a bit after 7 a.m., and on the way back you could catch it at 4p.m. from Sanchez. Also the way to go from Sanchez to la Terrenas is by motoconcho, peligroso yes! but damn beautiful!

Cancelled more than a year ago.

Saying the trip from Sanchez to Las Terrenas on a motoconcho is not peligroso, it is suicidal.

hedlykarok

Mar 3, 2005
www.latinamericanlady.com
no need anyway

Ken said:
Cancelled more than a year ago.

Saying the trip from Sanchez to Las Terrenas on a motoconcho is not peligroso, it is suicidal.

the majority of guaguas on the sanchez to las terrenas (and las terrenas to samana) trek are open-bed pickups anyway. just hop in the back and admire the scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.