Suggestions? Recommendations?

Yippee

Jan 8, 2006
Hi Everyone!

I stumbled across this Forum while searching for DR info. I've just booked a trip for myself and my family for a week in Puerto Plata, staying at the Barcelo Punta Goleta Beach Resort. What kinds of things should I plan to do with my family. It myself, my husand and 2 girls, 13 & 14.

I'm very much looking forward to this trip - can't wait till Feb. 26th! :)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yippee said:
Hi Everyone!

I stumbled across this Forum while searching for DR info. I've just booked a trip for myself and my family for a week in Puerto Plata, staying at the Barcelo Punta Goleta Beach Resort. What kinds of things should I plan to do with my family. It myself, my husand and 2 girls, 13 & 14.

I'm very much looking forward to this trip - can't wait till Feb. 26th! :)
Would that be the Punta Goleta hotel, that is halfway between Sosua & Cabarete?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check out the headings for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete and Playa Grande, all along the north coast and easily accessible from where you will be staying. While you are staying at an all inclusive, you should spend most of your time outside the resort because there is so much to do. Feel free to take public transport, at about RD$30 a ride. Gets you west and east along the highway easily. You may also consider renting a car. Just keep your driving to the daytime.

See http://dr1.com/travel/index.shtml

Yippee

Jan 8, 2006
I'm sorry I posted this on the wrong board - won't happen again!

Rocky, the hotel is close to Cabarete... I'm not sure about Sosua, but I imagine you're thinking of the right one.

Dolores, thank you so much for the link! I didn't realize there was so much on this site. It's very helpful, thank you!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yippee said:
I'm sorry I posted this on the wrong board - won't happen again!

Don't worry about it, Yippee. Happens all the time and nobody gets upset about it. Most regular posters check new threads on all sections.