Good place for hanging with tourists and or non-working girls.

sam5935

Oct 11, 2004
Is there anywhere in the country where I can go and meet a good mixture of tourists and locals that aren't working? I'm in Sosua now and it's all working girls. That's fine but eventually I want to find a place I can just drink and dance with no pressure to buy. Thanks!

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
That is almost impossible in Sosua. Everyone in Sosua is working (very hard ... !? )

sam5935

Oct 11, 2004
I?ve been to the Voodoo several times, even late at night. It?s always nearly empty.

I was opening the question up to other parts of the country as well, any ideas, thanks!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The chance of meeting good looking (Dominican) girls on the north coast - that are not professionals or semi-professionals - is somewhere between zero and zero.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
sam5935 said:
Is there anywhere in the country where I can go and meet a good mixture of tourists and locals that aren't working? I'm in Sosua now and it's all working girls. That's fine but eventually I want to find a place I can just drink and dance with no pressure to buy. Thanks!
Come into Rocky's in Sosua. You can drink. Nobody will stop you from dancing. And there is no pressure to buy as Marco, Ted, Alan, myself, nor the rest of the regulars are for sale. Well, maybe that should be most of the regulars are not for sale.

Jan 5, 2006
Try Santo Domingo (the capital) as rellosk sugested, or Santiago. There are better entertainment options available and plenty of beautiful "non-working" women to meet and party with.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Conchman said:
The chance of meeting good looking (Dominican) girls on the north coast - that are not professionals or semi-professionals - is somewhere between zero and zero.

Not bad odds...........For a gringo traveling solo what more could you ask for!

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
HOWMAR said:
Come into Rocky's in Sosua. You can drink. Nobody will stop you from dancing. And there is no pressure to buy as Marco, Ted, Alan, myself, nor the rest of the regulars are for sale. Well, maybe that should be most of the regulars are not for sale.

Oh Please! I once tried to dance with Ted (AKA Edward) and he broke my arm. I went cycling with Marco and he tried to kill me. Then when I was playing poker with Alen he got me drunk on shooters so he could take my money!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The Car Wash in Sabanetta at the Isla gas station on a Saturday night is good. They have live music in an outdoor setting. Not many hookers if any. But don?t expect to meet a brain surgeon, just legit girls.

sam5935

Oct 11, 2004
I?m going to spend a couple of days in Santiago before I leave. I went to Santo Domingo but it was completely dead because of the holiday. Damn guide book never said anything about it. So, the monument area is the best place to go out? Is it safe, etc. Any suggestions as to good places to go?

I?ve really all but given up on meeting local women in this country. with my limited spanish, it?s next to impossible. Thank God my home is San Francisco, where there is an endless Asian buffet!!

Advice always welcome. Thanks!

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
sam5935 said:
I?m going to spend a couple of days in Santiago before I leave. I went to Santo Domingo but it was completely dead because of the holiday. Damn guide book never said anything about it. So, the monument area is the best place to go out? Is it safe, etc. Any suggestions as to good places to go?

I?ve really all but given up on meeting local women in this country. with my limited spanish, it?s next to impossible. Thank God my home is San Francisco, where there is an endless Asian buffet!!

Advice always welcome. Thanks!

You've gotta be joking right?

I speak no Spanish... meeting local women should not be a problem. Now I'm not talking about sleeping with them.If you're nice you will find some way to communicate and learn from each other, and therefore both benefit.:classic:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As a non-player with a fair bit of local knowledge, allow me to suggest just two places:
Ahi Bar, in the area below the Monument--everyone knows where it is.
And
FRANCIFOL Caf?. Perhaps the IN place of the moment. It is on Sol Street, just west of the Duarte Park--about 8 or 10 short blocks "down" from Ah?Bar and two blocks over to the left.

Tell Emilio that I sent you!!

Nice gets nice....

HB :D:D

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Hillbilly said:
As a non-player with a fair bit of local knowledge, allow me to suggest just two places:
Ahi Bar, in the area below the Monument--everyone knows where it is.
And
FRANCIFOL Caf?. Perhaps the IN place of the moment.

Tell Emilio that I sent you!!

Nice gets nice....

HB :D:D

I like the Ahi Bar very much.