Requirements to visit England

jules brook

Jul 8, 2002
Hi

Can anyone tell me what a Dominican National needs to visit England, and can they fly in on a one-way ticket and then buy a return ticket once they are in England. (As we could then buy a Charter flight ticket and it would be direct to Puerto Plata).

Many thanks

Jules

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
The most obvious requirement is a visa.

I don't believe it is necessary to have a return ticket when traveling from the DR to the UK. Check with your airlines to be certain. (Continentals website shows the requirement for a non-Dominican traveling to the DR, but not for a Dominican traveling to the UK).

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Hi there

Have a read of this for more information about what's required

www.ukvisas.gov.uk

If they are going on a visitors visa they will need proof of return travel to the DR - so yes, in this case, you will need a return ticket booked and paid for up front.

Daydream.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I believe Dominicans are not allowed to buy charter tickets.
Yes, they would need to show proof of a return fare.
The would need to meet the visa requirements.
Good job, good sponsor, money, family background, reason to return etc etc etc.

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
the other way

it is much easier to come to the UK than to the US, people don't have to prove that much
the whole world from China to Brazil is coming on a student visa - people buy course of English in some cheap crappy school (must be 15 hours per week) and apply for visa based on that, but one should have money to live in England during his course and should have an open ticket to come back

jules brook

Jul 8, 2002
Charlielyn said:
Another one bites the dust. Which resort worker is Jules in love with?
Hi

I really do not think my husband and children would be very pleased to read that I am in love with someone else. You should never judge people without knowing the full facts should you?
The person has looked after us every time we have been to the Dominican on holiday and taken us to his home and we would like to reciprocate.

ade

Jun 14, 2005
good luck

For a visitor visa you will have to send your friend an invitation and provide evidence for the application that you have room to accommodate the person in your home, that you have sufficient funds (bank statements etc) details of your 'relationship' with the person and that they intend to go home so it might be awkward to buy only a one-way ticket with just a visitor visa. He will have an interview at the consulate and they will want evidence that if he hasn't funds that you are prepared to finance him and that he has good reason to return - if he's single it is more awkward as they might say they think he's going to get here and do a runner - in theory it's straight forward but in reality it can be quite difficult and the questions intrusive. Good luck

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Jules: Excuse the jaded opinion. It comes with the turf, so to speak.
Of course, you do realize that for you to reciprocate, you are going to have to pledge your bank account in order for the fellow to get a visa? (Perhaps not really, but you will be held responsable for him during his stay in the UK)....and he just might be looking at you as his ticket out of the DR>

Just be cautious. I would recommend that you "reciprocate" here in the DR, rather than anywhere outside of the country. Maybe you can provide for one of his children's education? Or perhaps see if there is a micro-business that he might be interested in...then you could be partners.:p

Just don't expose yourself.

HB:D:D

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Hillbilly said:
Just be cautious. I would recommend that you "reciprocate" here in the DR, rather than anywhere outside of the country. Maybe you can provide for one of his children's education? Or perhaps see if there is a micro-business that he might be interested in...then you could be partners.
Excellent suggestions and much more lasting than a vacation to the UK.