Happy to see that some people care!

Jan 12, 2006
Hi everyone.
I just joined dr1, and I'm glad to see that so many of you are concerned about Environmental matters.
I was looking for information about what is going on with "Bahia de las Aguilas", and came upon this wonderful site.
I hope to be in touch with all of you sometime.
Keep up the good work.
Remember that Rachel Carson dedicated her book Silent Spring (1962???)
to Albert Schwiezer who said(Im, paraphrasing) : "Man has lost his capacity to foresee, he will end up by destroying the earth". Well is not to late, don't give up, get involved!!!!

Josia

Jan 12, 2006
Thanks Equipo Verde

First of all my congratulations to all in the Green Team for the good work that you do, and thanks for welcoming me.

I am known in the D. R. as Josia, and my fellow members in SOECI in Santiago called me "Mundo Verde" for my desire to form a group withing the Ecological Society in order to start a green farming community.

I am living in Crescen City, Putnam County Florida, but after living in this area since 1992 I am ready to pack my back pack and go back to Santiago for good.

Nice to meet you all.
Keep in touch.

Josia

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Well, welcome again, Josia. I'm particularly pleased to welcome someone who was active in SOECI, a good group that the Green Team will be profiling shortly in our pages.

If you'd like to participate in the Green Team, formally or as an occassional "guest blogger" (we've had three of those so far) or just helper (we have many of those), we'd love to have you. Where you live is not a barrier: I, for example, used to live in Santo Domingo, but now reside in Virginia. One lives in New York City, although he lived many years in the DR and is married to a dominicana (as am I). One lives part of the year in Texas, and a growing portion of the year on the North Coast of the DR. And we have four in the Santiago area and three in Santo Domingo. I've been recruiting for Samana-, Altagracia-, La Romana- and southwest provinces-based members, but none have joined formally -- yet! :)

What matters is that the Team member care about the DR, care about its environment, and be willing to particupate in the intended spirit of the blog -- i.e., constructively, proactively, reinforcing the positive while working to change the negative.

Anyway, consider it, and if interested, e-mail us at greenteam@dr1.com Likewise, if you have an idea for something we should write about in the blog, or a way to improve it, or can put us in touch with someone you think we should talk to, we'd love to get that sort of input.

Keep in Touch!

Keith

Jan 12, 2006
Green Team guest blogger.

Hi Keith:

Thanks for your offer to join the Green Team.
I just send you a message that I think it was not delivered. I have not used the computer for a long time, besides not beeing very computer savvy.
I told you to check SOECI's web page at www.soeci.org. They commemorated the 75th. anniversary of the death of botanist Erik L. Ekman, check that out.
As for a person that I think you shoul talk to is Dr. Domenica Abramo if you don't know her already. Use yahoo and type Domenica Abramo Curriculum, click numbers 1 and 2. She is a member of SOECI and former president and at present I think she is in charge of SOECI's program of reforestation of the Diego de Ocampo. I think she will be a great addition to the Green Team.
If you get in touch with her, tell her that Josia (Grullon Suro) gave you her name.
Thanks for the wonderful A Cafecito Story. That's very much what I had in mind when in 1986 I tried to create "Mundo Verde", with some members of SOECI. I still haven't give up on the idea. I actually registered the name, but I think it expired in 2005.
Keep in touch.
Josia