My Conspiracy Theory...

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Was the island for real? Or was it a smoke screen used to muster acceptance of the metro project. Create two ridiculous ideas...one more than the other. After debate heats us...agree to drop the more crazy one. Makes the metro appear a lot more acceptable.

Jan 5, 2006
I wouldn't put it past the government to do such a thing, but I doubt it. I also doubt that the "metro" will seem like such a ridiculous idea 10 years from now.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Hipocrito Mejia said:
I wouldn't put it past the government to do such a thing, but I doubt it. I also doubt that the "metro" will seem like such a ridiculous idea 10 years from now.

I wonder if it will be up and running in ten years. Regardless, it seems silly when schools do not have books and hospitals are without medicine.

Scandall

Jan 5, 2006
I know that it's backwards thinking, but the metro will be up and running long before anyone fixes the problems of schools, health system and energy. Sadly, that's the way things are in DR, but this is government's way of thinking. There were similar things being said years ago when the elevados were being built in Santo Domingo, and just think where that city would be without them today.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Scandall said:
I wonder if it will be up and running in ten years. Scandall

Scandall, Are you trying to suggest that the government starts some projects and then never finishes them? How absurd! :eek:

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Hipocrito Mejia said:
There were similar things being said years ago when the elevados were being built in Santo Domingo, and just think where that city would be without them today.

And just think where we would be if they would have bought some books for the schools or some friggin' sheets for the beds in the public hospitals.

;)

Scandall
* A man for all seasons

Jan 5, 2006
Scandall said:
And just think where we would be if they would have bought some books for the schools

A lot of us know that that should be priority numbers 1, 2 and 3, but those in government would rather keep the general population from learning too much. A little more knowledge might just help them to figure out how they're being robbed silly by that same government. :cry:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Snuffy said:
Was the island for real? Or was it a smoke screen used to muster acceptance of the metro project. Create two ridiculous ideas...one more than the other. After debate heats us...agree to drop the more crazy one. Makes the metro appear a lot more acceptable.

It's funny you mentioned it, but when I read that they scraped the whole thing, I just thought the same thing.

... J-D.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
ok both ideas are equally misplaced given DRs situation, but i would have preferred the island to the metro if i had to chose my venom

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
The artificial island proposal always seemed to me like the architect's wet dream and a wild fantasy for its other proponents. If you started asking any pragmatic questions of them, they got angry, frustrated and defensive, almost as if you were messing their LSD trip.:cheeky:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Scandall said:
Petty.

Scandall
Evidently, Scandall, Joshua R. isn't the least bit interested in 'cleaning up" his act.

It's truly a pity, too.

I really hope he goes into the military. They'll teach him to bite his tounge or end up cashiered without honor.

Texas Bill

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
I have a good idea

Snuffy, Let's fly him down here and I'll pay, and put him in a 130? attic laying in installation for eight hours a day for five days.;) Then put HIM on the bus to boot camp.

Sorry I just had to say it.... Kids these days.:cry:

Jan 12, 2006
Help.
Someone give our Government a copy of Schumacher: "Small is beautiful". Maybe they'll realize that before they embark in all this MEGA-PROJECTS there are priorities that affect the common people, like schooling, health, and plain old "moral y civica"...
Even tourism (the so called "Industry without chimneys") could -to paraphrase Schumacher- end up by creating a country of taxi drivers and baggage handlers. And worse still... And do not fall into the trap of believing in what they call "Ecological Theme Parks". That's just a trick to to be allowed into our National Parks and Preserves.
Josia

funckytown

Apr 17, 2005
Wiesbaden, Germany, Germany
useless work

In belgium,
they call it the "Useless works", they are thousands of them over there, I read ;)

I believe all the world's governement, when they are at the top,
want to create some stuff like that

I believe also , that it will cost less to build a metro...
then buy books for schools
Like everybody knows and says :
Hipocrito Mejia :
A little more knowledge might just help them to figure out how they're being robbed silly by that same government
:rambo:

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Jose A. Grullon Suro said:
Help.
Even tourism (the so called "Industry without chimneys") could -to paraphrase Schumacher- end up by creating a country of taxi drivers and baggage handlers. And worse still... And do not fall into the trap of believing in what they call "Ecological Theme Parks". That's just a trick to to be allowed into our National Parks and Preserves.
Josia

Sad thing is, we think we are so good at it. Our tourism service is bad. Dont be fooled by what local experts babble about on TV. Our service is bad 80% of the time and mediocre at best on rare ocassions. Why, Because Dominicans in general have a very poor education, not to mention civility and morality.