Shopping Mall near Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Is there a shopping mall near Sosua? Other than the high priced tourist places where would one buy clothing?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There is no shpping mall, but there are a lot of clothing stores, specially in Charamicos.
You won't find top of the line items, but the prices reflect the quality.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Bigbird, here on the part of north coast you mention, in and around Sosua, there are no malls of the kind that I guess you have in mind.
The closest is an overpriced Plaza in Playa Dorada, although some clothing shops have good prices there and sell good quality gods.

In Puerto Plata there are shops. All around the city.
For cheaper clothing the most popular tienda is Jimenez. There are 3 of those downtown.
A little higher class is D?Francis and Tienda Neno.
For womens clothes there are small shops spread out all around..
We find what we find in other words here...:)

We also have 1 department store in the city, Casa Nelson.
And a flee market as well.

Puerto Plata is not touristic though, and prices are everything from cheap to quite fair and up to extremely overpriced. :)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
carina said:
In Puerto Plata there are shops. All around the city.
For cheaper clothing the most popular tienda is Jimenez. There are 3 of those downtown.
A little higher class is D?Francis and Tienda Neno.
For womens clothes there are small shops spread out all around..

Thanks Carina.........

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
If its a shopping mall that you want, then head across the mountains to Santiago.

There are a few shopping malls there and if the selection is not to your liking, head further south to the capital, arguably the mall capital of the Caribbean.

-NALs

sosuajames

Mar 8, 2005
santiago is the spot. the malls there are pretty cool. we found calla de sol to be too much of a flea market kind of thing. the wife picked up a fancy purse and i got a presidente at mcdonalds but the real malls are great and the furniture stores are incredible. we could have filled a 40' container with the most amazing furniture for our home in canada.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
So how long does it take to get from Sosua to Santiago. I would like to go to some malls.

I know that they have Burger King and McDonalds, but has anyone heard if Wal Mart is trying to move into the DR.(just curious)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
tarrantino said:
So how long does it take to get from Sosua to Santiago. I would like to go to some malls.

I know that they have Burger King and McDonalds, but has anyone heard if Wal Mart is trying to move into the DR.(just curious)
Give it about 1.5 to 2 hours.

It's a scenic drive, especially once the road(s) crosses the mountain range and all you got in front of you is the sweeping Cibao Valley. What a beauty!

-NALs

Status
Not open for further replies.