Camino Del Sol or Paraiso Del Sol

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
I am a VIP member there
It is a GREAT resort ! Been vacationing there for near 6 years ! My father inlaw was there 2 weeks ago. ASk for Elena .She will make sure that you are well taken care of . Tell her LOL sent you ! Its a Standing joke .... If you want quiet , ask for a room near the small pool . There is music and shows till 11 near the big pools . Beach is Big waves and a great area for walking to La Laguna where you can have a Pina Colada in Pineapple or a fresh Fisdh Dinner. Stop along the way at Juans bar ......or even to Cabarete on the beach. Small restaurants nearby like Tortuga and another more elegant are nearby..... Dont be afraid to wander around as well. Walk through the Islabon barrio. Or ask to go to Margaritas on the Carretera for a typical Dominican meal. The All inclusive food there is So-So but most of the resorts are that way ....The people are very friendly and accustomed to wandering tourists .... She will make sure that you are well taken care of . It is not in the center of things . You are not far from Dominican Life (Islabon and Sabaneta ) . Be prepared to absorb cable TV out ....Or Loss of electricity for short periods ......Other than that You will have a great time. The staff is really friendly ......
I stay ONLY there in the past when I vacationed. I live here now .........

Joe

Boh

Jan 3, 2002
You may want to read my review on Paraiso del Sol. We just returned from our vacation on Jan. 31st.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Paraiso del Sol

It is a good hotel. Far from most night outs but quiet if you like that.
Found the food tasted okay but found that people were getting ill.
The people that work there are quite nice and rooms and all were clean.
Not the greatest-not the worst.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
jrf said:
It is a good hotel. Far from most night outs but quiet if you like that.
Found the food tasted okay but found that people were getting ill.
The people that work there are quite nice and rooms and all were clean.
Not the greatest-not the worst.
Did you read what you wrote? You say it is a good hotel, and then you go on to say "Found the food tasted okay but found that people were getting ill." I don;t want to sound mean but, I would say people getting ill from the food qualifies this as being a bad hotel.

Two recent posters wrote extensively trip reports saying this is this hotel is as bad as it gets:

awdragon

Feb 16, 2006
my girlfriend and i are staying in cabarete and wandered into this place one day by accident. we just wanted some water after a 2 hour walk on the beach. all i can say is that it seemed very creepy and lots of guys with guns and clipboards were standing around watching the guests.

everyone was hammered, sitting by the pool. didn't look like a good place to swim. nothing fun nearby. if it's really cheap, then maybe you'll like it. otherwise, look elsewhere.

hola

Oct 14, 2005
Hiya

Stayed there on my first ever trip to DR.

In my opinion the good points:
The staff are friendly, and the rooms are a lot nicer than we expected seeing as we had got such a cheap deal.
It has a nice size pool, and a good mixed variety of guests.
Free drinks all day is another plus point!
Entertaining shows every evening, and you can participate in aerobics and dancing and stuff.

Bad points:
Theres only one main one:
The food. taste wise was ok. but every one got REALLY REALLY sick. I myself had an upset stomach for 6 weeks. Dont know what it was that caused it, but it was definatly something everyone in our hotel was getting.

Also the beach by the hotel was really windy blowning sand everywhere.

And its quite far from cabarete, so you have to keep paying for transportation back and fourth.

On the whole - you get what you pay for.
Its an average hotel - agree with jrf who said "Not the greatest-not the worst."