Where's GOLO ????

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
OK Golo, I apologize for doubting your abilities to predict the future, and I was making a small joke about gas going to RD$100 a gallon.

Now, will you come back out from the shadows? (I don't want to think that it was me that ****ed you off, hehehe).

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
And Golo, I'm still waiting to hear about your new penthouse in Gazcue, now that you've had a chance to realize that Gazcue really IS the best place to live in Santo Domingo. No jugoteros filling up your garbage with orange peels, etc.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Do Not Despair my faithful disciples

I am still lurking in the shadows resting from Leonelfatigue. I am so exhausted with picking apart Leonel's "How not to govern a nation" that I barely have time to keep up with DR1.
Seriously, I am trying to survive this tsunami.
The penthouse should be sold next week. Gazcue is still peaceful under the present conditions. But, like everywhere, muggings are just now a fact of life. There is no safe place in our 48,000 sq. kilometers.
Chile is so lucky electing a female. We should be so lucky. To all Chileans in this board, congratulations. Lady Bachelet should continue what Lagos has done, which is really a lecture on how to run a government, something Leonel needs a long refreshing course.
Fortunately, I've been able to use my economic skills to anticipate this bastard, and so far he hasn't fooled me, as he has done many.
I can't wait to retire this clown. I hope to the U.N., where he is hoping he can replace the inept Kofi. I hope he can fool everyone there and get the job so we don't have to see him again.
But I am doing fine. Thanks for your concern. I wish you all the best too.
I don't believe you need me now with things so clear. Does it really take a genius to know DR is going nowhere? That we are doomed to regress another 50 years on civilization? That we have more garbage, crime, disease, bigotry,uneducation, unemployment, inflation, taxes,government harrassment and intrusion, tigueraje,traffic jams than ever?
Has anyone seen a proud "platano" lately? Our main staple has become a joke at supermarkets. It takes three platanos to make a mang?, but it costs you $25. We should rename it "el bananito". That's how small it is. If it's happened to the glorious platano, what do you expect of the country?
The Dominican peso should be banned. It stinks as much as the paper it's printed on. Ever seen a $2000 peso bill lately. Nobody wants it. Sorry no change!! Can a country be serious when a lousy bill worth at best US$50 cannot be accepted anywhere?
Did you all see the too small to be seen 2005 Financial Statement for Banco Central? Why don't we close the damn thing!!
I am so glad the new definition of banana republic has been changed to "Estado Fallido". We should be the standard bearer after Haiti.
Whe I saw the pictures of those Haitians dead it reminded me of Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia. I never thought I would ever see scenes like these in the beautiful Caribbean. What a shame. I'm so embarrassed I don't want my face in public.
TW

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
TW, good rant. Are you doing anything to facilitate change or do you just like complaining?:nervous: There's a congressional election coming up, are there some candidates that you think can help make a difference?

BTW, I thought that the problem with the $2000 peso bill was not that no one has change, but that they are so many counterfeit bills in circulation that no one wants to take a chance changing one.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I stay here because this is still the only country I know where I can live like a millionaire without working. But those who recall when Balaguer was in power know we had a paraside compared to this.
As long as I can play either with the dollar or high interest rates, I will stay here, That is, unless someone can come up with another country with such crazy economic system. I'm just lucky I learned the AZB's of surviving DR.
The congresional elections will not produce a single worthy elected official, except reelecting Pelegrin Castillo, the only one I know. Of course, I will vote against Mr. Garbage/Malecon Libre(Roberto Salcedo) by pushing for Pacheco as mayor, and vote against Raynaldo Pared Perez and anything purple(PLD).
TW

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Good to hear from you, TW.
Hope all is well...........

Last edited:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Jon S. said:
Good to hear from you, TW. Are you ready for March 31st??? Just wondering if you knew about the events of that fateful day. Anyone with investments should really be careful around that time and I'm as serious as a heart attack on this one.
Why ?

Sep 20, 2003
Golo,

I sincerely wish you would run for President of the Dominican Republic.

I would trust you to clean house and help wipe away a lot of the corruption.

Even I would vote you. 3 or 4 times...in the same day...;)

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Perra

Golo100 said:
I stay here because this is still the only country I know where I can live like a millionaire without working.TW
[insert my throw-up]

You put out one laundry list after another filled with complaints?yet it's your paradise? Where you can live like a millionaire?

You've always talked out of both sides of your mouth, but this is taking it to the extreme.

You're one crazy wig, a red nose and two big shoes short of a clown (the one that's always got a frown).

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Cleef said:
[insert my throw-up]

You put out one laundry list after another filled with complaints?yet it's your paradise? Where you can live like a millionaire?

You've always talked out of both sides of your mouth, but this is taking it to the extreme.

You're one crazy wig, a red nose and two big shoes short of a clown (the one that's always got a frown).
Anybody else with seing this forecoming disaster would have picked and leave by now.

That is what you normally do.

He may wanna check Haiti or Bolivia which are the next most poor countries.

DR_MIAMI

Feb 27, 2007
Golo 100

I have read some of your posts and Im really interested in all the information you have regarding the Trujillo era.. My dad was first a horse Jockey , then a polo player and also a Polo trainer under Ramfis during those days.

I would love to know if you knew him or if you may have some photos of those days. My dad just turned 88 this past February and has told me many stories of the days under Trujillo..

I will send you a private email. Maybe we can talk....

Thanks!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I just love the way people respond to OLD A$$ POSTS pretending as if they happened yesterday.

DR MIAMI - what are you talking about?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
My Father, C?sar Leonidas, was very good friend of Rafael Leonidas Trujillo Molina, at the onset of his regime, until he had a falling out with El Jefe once Trujillo signed the border treaty with Haiti that left his birthplace, Tomasique, as part of Haiti, when it had been part of the Dominican territory. My father, who is 100 years old, has a lot of anecdotes pre, during and post the Trujillo Era. You can contact him at cesarernestina@ono.com. Here's a picture of him (circa 1917) along with brother Bienvenido, and sister Altagracia...

2icb389.jpg

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Fortunately, I've been able to use my economic skills to anticipate this bastard, and so far he hasn't fooled me, as he has done many.
I can't wait to retire this clown. I hope to the U.N., where he is hoping he can replace the inept Kofi. I hope he can fool everyone there and get the job so we don't have to see him again.
Does it really take a genius to know DR is going nowhere? That we are doomed to regress another 50 years on civilization? That we have more garbage, crime, disease, bigotry,uneducation, unemployment, inflation, taxes,government harrassment and intrusion, tigueraje,traffic jams than ever?
Ei DIABLO!!!

Has anyone seen a proud "platano" lately? Our main staple has become a joke at supermarkets. It takes three platanos to make a mang?, but it costs you $25. We should rename it "el bananito". That's how small it is. If it's happened to the glorious platano, what do you expect of the country?
If you are not Dominican now you are, you have become aplatanao, because that's all Dominicans do, "complaint".

The Dominican peso should be banned. It stinks as much as the paper it's printed on. Ever seen a $2000 peso bill lately. Nobody wants it. Sorry no change!! Can a country be serious when a lousy bill worth at best US$50 cannot be accepted anywhere?
Did you all see the too small to be seen 2005 Financial Statement for Banco Central? Why don't we close the damn thing!!
I am so glad the new definition of banana republic has been changed to "Estado Fallido". We should be the standard bearer after Haiti.
Whe I saw the pictures of those Haitians dead it reminded me of Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia. I never thought I would ever see scenes like these in the beautiful Caribbean. What a shame. I'm so embarrassed I don't want my face in public.

but again there are so many of you who are buying these insanely expensive condos and jeepetas and hummers. I guess we are guilty of this craziness, we are corrupt, and selfish we all want these luxuries and comfortable lives, so lets not complaint about the results of this greed. "Mientras el rico esta mas rico, el pobre esta mas pobre" , "al pobre se lo lleva er diablo".

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
It appears to me that all of you are answering posts that OVER 1 YEAR OLD!!

Look at the posting dates befoe the last few.

Any recent gems of philosophy, Golo 100???

Texas Bill

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
It appears to me that all of you are answering posts that OVER 1 YEAR OLD!!

Look at the posting dates befoe the last few.

Any recent gems of philosophy, Golo 100???

Texas Bill

jejejeje :eek: oops didn't realize it, even though i wasn't the one to wake it up.