Real Estate in Juan Dolio

aristypacific

Jan 14, 2006
hola, i hope i'm posting in the right category...

my family owns some land in juan dolio - not on the beach but a few blocks off. it is an empty lot - some want to sell and be rid of it, but i'm curious about building, real estate investment potential. i'm trying to help them find out what would be better in the long run. maybe it is a nice area where we would like to have a vacation home someday? i don't know anything about the area.

i have the specs for the land and location. it has been appraised for a certain price already. if someone could please tell me where to inquire about what land is currently going for in the area, and if it is worth it to consider building - i would greatly appreciate it!

thanks very much.

alex

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I like Juan Dolio alot. It is a nice quiet area with not a whole lot of tourists. It's close enough to the capital and a nice distance away too. San Pedro is not too far away either. I would hold onto to the property until you were sure what you wanted to do. Juan Dolio also has a very nice beach.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Lots of development of condos(luxury) going on in the area.
Resorts are closing and being converted to condos so hopeflly in the next 10 yrs a nice community will develop.
Prices seem high however asking price and selling price are two very different things here in the DR and especially in Juan Dolio. For example a condo in our building that had an asking price of 70,000Eruo last year is now being sold for 55,000 Euro which is not much more than the 50,000US it sold for 12 yrs ago.
If you want a vacation home the area is a nice area to be in as long as it's not near the main center where the Dominican population tends to be very noisy at night!

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
real estate juan dolio

i believe they are asking 200,000- 300,000 for luxury condos at costa del sol metro country club on the beach there is a development caled hemingway on the beach again the asking price is 200,000-400,00 us dollars this area is taking off also next to barcelo capella

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
MommC said:
For example a condo in our building that had an asking price of 70,000Eruo last year is now being sold for 55,000 Euro which is not much more than the 50,000US it sold for 12 yrs ago.
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but is that condo, on the beach? Also, what are the monthly condo fees?

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
real estate juan dolio

mmoommmc that sounds cheap to me i believe that the monthly fees are app 200-300 us dolars a month ibelieve thes luxury condos are agreat opportunity they are not water view buttt beach front properties

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
rellosk.....that is cheap!! She wants to sell.....

If you've been reading my blog you will have seen some of the interior pic's I've posted. It's the unit right beside me....

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
forgot to add....condo fees are RD$1500 per month but will be going up when we have our annual meeting sometime next month

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
mikeyoo7......if you look around the area there are still some deals to be had

and for US$70-100,000 you can add a lot of 'luxury' to an existing apartment!

We did!

our apt. is beach view and the beach is just across the street (like maybe 600 ft away....just far enough not to be washed away if a hurricane hits!);) Just ask some of the DR1'ers who have been here.

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
real estate juan dolio costa del sol

mommc i believe when this project is completed by april owners can rent at considerable amounts coming from the us juan dolio is the nicest and cleanest beach to the airport also u have golf at guavaberry and the metro

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
It'll take a miracle to be complete by April!

Next April -yes! This coming April - I highly doubt it.......

While work is progressing there is still a lot to be done for completion.....

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
real estate juan dolio

i heard that the metro co building costa del sol are planning to build another large project adjacent to this one they purchased that large hotel called palmas real any info on the metro co reputation etc

aristypacific

Jan 14, 2006
so it seems like we should hold onto the land. i guess the next issue is, finding a good contractor so we can make some building plans...any advice on that?

my father can actually move down there temporarily so we would have someone around.

thanks,
alex

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Yep Mikey....that's what I heard too.....

and they appear to have bought a smaller property near us as well, however nothing has been confirmed yet so stay tuned .......

They have a good rep as far as I know.....just a little short on liquid capital at the moment (aren't we all) so timelines may be slower than suggested but the developments are developing.
Metro Golf and Country club is full steam ahead and Costa del Sol is moving along altho' at a slower rate than expected. Progress is seen every time we go by and there is always work crews on site.

Alex.....it would be easier to find a contractor/architect if you were here....even if only for a month and definitely best if someone is here to oversee construction once plans have been developed.

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
real estate juan dolio

i heard they were going for 250,000-350,000us dollars and they are much bigger than costa del sol but i also heard that maintenance costs are lower at costa del sol due to the fact there are more units in costa del sol