Vaca?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
I have heard some Dominican women in conversation address one another as vaca (cow). Am I correct in assuming that this is meant as a lighthearted term of affection?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Victor Laszlo said:
I have heard some Dominican women in conversation address one another as vaca (cow). Am I correct in assuming that this is meant as a lighthearted term of affection?
It wouldn't surprise me, I've heard some women use bruja as a term of affection.

Last edited:

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Hipocrito Mejia said:
Maybe you heard them say vacana.
No, it was definitely vaca. I'm a novice with Spanish, so after hearing it used in this way several times, I asked what it meant. The answer, in English, was "You know, the animal". Possibly it was an in-joke among this particular group.

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
rellosk said:
It wouldn't surprise me, I've heard some women use bruja as a term of affection.

I've heard the same. My best friend Esther and I call each other "fea".

Of course I think she is the most beautiful woman in the world but when we say that, it's just a quirky little term of endearment.

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Tamborista said:
I prefer to call you "Linda"!

And I prefer to call you ... edited for content
;)

I better behave myself before my other future husband Ricardo gets mad again.

Back on topic, I have even heard a younger girl call another girl a "toto". That's crazy. I'm open with my friends but we've never called each other c*nts before. Kinda trashy, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.