1st time La Vega Carnival

Animation

Jan 12, 2006
Hi, I'm a single male and new to DR1, but recently visited the DR for 3 weeks in december. I had a great time and will be returning in late february to experience carnival in la vega. Does any one have any tips for me that has been to the la vega celebration or know of any hotels in the area? I will be flying in to santo domingo and traveling from there. Thanks

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
la vega carnival sucks. you get hit really hard by the lechones (devils). they are aggresive and you can't fight back or you will get arrested. they pack tire rubber in their balloon like things that they use it to beat up people. if you think you will meet cute girls in the carnival, forget it. These girls are all hidden within the security componds of private house belconies or roof tops. the girls who are on the street are campo chopas. watch out for pocket pickers and protect yourself from hot sun.
i personally like the carnival de mao. the lechones don't gang up on you and beat you till your butt turns blue. For that reason alone the girls venture out into the streets and enjoy the festivities. there and only there you will actually meet some of the most beautiful girls on DR, right on the streets.
Goos luck.
AZB

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
if you go to La Vega, Hotel Rey is only 800 pesos per room with AC, TV...basic but comfortable. Didn't see much of anything else in terms of hotels.

Animation

Jan 12, 2006
Thanks for all the good advice, as for the carnival de mao, is it located near santiago? If so I would like to check it out, as I have some female friends in the city.