Best place in DR to buy 29" flat screen (CRT) TV?

tkp

Dec 1, 2005
Dear Everybody,

Thank you for reading this post. Anyone who can tell me the best place to buy a 29" flat screen TV (CRT, preferably Daewoo) would be greatly appreciated. We have to replace one, and we do know that it may be more expensive than in mainland North America, so any advice (particularly by location and store) would be excellent!

Thank you again. This is most important to us as we would rather replace the item outright than to pay a premium to have it replaced on our behalf.

Most sincerely,

Lee (tkp)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
As You Stated,There Is No "BEST PLACE" To Buy A "Flat Screen" TV Here!!

But!< "PLAZA LLAMA" has a pretty big selection,and "In-Stock"! They have stores in Santo Domingo,and Santiago too.
Be sure to "Bargain" for a lower price,especially if paying in "CASH"!
Let us know how yo do!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCC

PS. "Bad Aim With A "Presidente"??????

Bok

Mar 13, 2004
We have a Daewoo 29" TV (regular, not flatscreen) but it is good stuff! We bought it in La Sirena on Winston Churchill in Sto Dgo about 7 years ago and it's still going strong. The on/off button on the remote is starting to act up but what.....

I'm not sure if they carry what you're looking for though. Last time I was at La Sirena their electronics section didn't have much of a selection. But who knows, you might get lucky.....

Good luck finding what you need.

Bok

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
If you can just buy it in The US and take it down there as they are very expensive in The DR. Here's Plaza Lama's Website so you can get an idea of prices. I bought a 15"" one at Walmart and put it in my carry on luggage last time I went down to The DR.

tkp

Dec 1, 2005
Thank you Criss, Bok and Suarezn for the great info! And, no Criss -- not bad aim with a Presidente ... but I wish we had that as an excuse *blush* It was my sister-in-law that brushed by it in just the "right" way. Damn!!! Never travel with family! ;)

I'll let you know how it goes.