Sea Horse Ranch Golf Course

Miko

May 23, 2003
Anyone have any news about the projected Sea Horse Ranch golf course? Are they going ahead with it and if so, when would it open?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I hear they are going to break ground in March.
I'll see if I can get more details over the next couple of days.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Troon Golf is involved, so it's almost guaranteed to be expensive. It will be worth every penny however.

SHR out did itself with this one.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2007
Can't see any work started. About a year ago, we looked at property that backed up to the golf course, but were told at that time by our realtor that work is unable to start because they are having difficulty purchasing a key piece of property necessary for the course. The owner won't sell.

Don't know this as Gospel truth. It was what our realtor told us.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
I had heard the same rumour on them missing a key piece of the land. The current rumour (last 2 months) is that this land has now been purchased (hope so). When I contacted Sea Horse in 06 about the delays the information given to me was that they were going to first construct condos in Sea Horse to increase the playing base for the course. No condos have been developed as of yet as far as I know. Tried contacting them a couple more times in late 07 without any replies. Also had heard the rumour that they were not happy with the original design as they thought they would be better served with a more recognizably named designer ie. Cap Cana has Jack Nicklaus. Again this may just be rumour or fact.

There now appear to be rumours flying of two other proposed golf courses in the same general area (both in the El Choco area). Not sure if any of this is true or not but have seen it mentioned on a few different real estate sites.

Personally I think a course is needed in this area in order to further push the development of the NCoast. Will also be nice to not have to drive an hour in order to play a round of golf for all those living in this area. For now our options are Playa Dorada and Playa Grande (until this summer anyways :(!!!)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I hear they are going to break ground in March.
I'll see if I can get more details over the next couple of days.
I don't recall seeing your reply to this Robert, were you able to find anything out? With the possible future closing of Playa Grande whilst they amend things to incorporate the new development, a course at East Sosua would be MOST welcome!! ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
That response from our leader was regarding March 2006!
YES, I had noticed that Tamborista. Maybe Robert meant 'A Couple of Years' rather than days?? :cheeky:;):ermm:

The update from his contacts would still be helpful though as there appears to be a derth of information on this project!! ~ Grahame

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Any updated information on the proposed Sea Horse ranch golf course? Still looking at it or is it dead in the water? Thanks Tom

Aug 21, 2007
I heard that the original developers are now trying to sell the plans and idea to someone else, rather than building the golf course themselves. That information was passed on to me via Century 21.

Lindsey