VOIP Company In The Dr

Party_Line

Oct 27, 2003
Hi, I own a VOIP company here in the US kinda like Vonage and I am thinking about opening up a branch office and offering the VOIP in the DR kinda like Vonage has a office in London and offers VOIP in the UK. Do you have to have a business partner to do this like you do in Mexico? any info would be great!

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Not really necessary, no.

It would be good if there was a VOIP company that could offer cheap rates on local calls in the DR, right now you can get good rates to the US or wherever, because of course the VOIP company is based there, but if you use that same service to call a local number of course it's like long distance. If a company could come in and work out a way to do local VOIP on a low, flat rate basis WITH good rates to the US and Canada they could probably clean up.

My guess is Verizon would be unhappy about this, and since they are the biggest local phone company AND ISP they would make it an uphill battle.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
This would be a good thing to do, if you can get permissions. Let?s talk some more about this as I think this is a real business opportunity and I know MrMike is interesting in this technology as well. :classic: