Class action lawsuit

fredouille

Jan 18, 2006
Can anyone tell me if class action lawsuit are legal in Dominican Republic?
Also i bought an apartment where none of the following was provided to me;
Condo by laws, owners meeting, debt of the condo, etc..
Can i challenge the sale of my condo if none of the above was provided during the closing?

Any help will be precious

Fred

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Did you request any of this during your pre-purchase decision making?

fredouille

Jan 18, 2006
I request the by laws verbaly.
It is my understanding that under Dominican laws all theses documents including but not limited to, the three last owners meetings, any debt the the condo may have, and the by laws have to be provided by the sellers to the buyer at closing. If none of theses were provided, am i i position to challenge the sales of my condo?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
fredouille said:
I request the by laws verbaly.
It is my understanding that under Dominican laws all theses documents including but not limited to, the three last owners meetings, any debt the the condo may have, and the by laws have to be provided by the sellers to the buyer at closing. If none of theses were provided, am i i position to challenge the sales of my condo?
Only a lawyer will know for sure, but I bet that it would be better to not waste your money beating that dead horse, and just try to resell it for as little loss as possible.
The courts are slower than imaginable, and being correct, does not mean that you will win.
The amount of money it could cost, and the ulcers it will give you, might not be worth it.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Class action lawsuits do no exist in the Dominican Republic.

As for your condo purchase, the fact that you were not provided with the condo regulations, minutes of the last condo meetings, etc. does not void the sale.

Your attorney should have insisted on obtaining these documents before allowing you to close on the deal.