Best (only?) Bagel in the country!

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Bagels n More on Fantino Falco between Lope de Vega and Tiradentes. It's on the north side of the road about halfway between those two streets.

If it wasnt for them i'd be stuck eating everyday at home (have a sensitive stomach that Dominican food doesnt agree with).

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
What is the name of the compo they are located in, you gave the street but not the compo.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
compo? What's that?

It's in Santo Domingo, in Naco I believe. Cant miss it if you're driving down Fantino Falco (clearly visible sign from the road).

Moxie

Dec 9, 2005
Bagel's in Cabarete??

Please tell me there is somewhere in Cabarete where I can buy bagels! We will be staying in a condo for a week & planning to do breakfast at "home". Will I need to bring a bag of bagels down with me???

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Moxie said:
Please tell me there is somewhere in Cabarete where I can buy bagels! We will be staying in a condo for a week & planning to do breakfast at "home". Will I need to bring a bag of bagels down with me???
Playero's supermercado in Sosua usually has frozen bagels. That's as good as you can get on the North Coast, so bring what you need. Philadelphia cream cheese and lox are available though.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I have always thought that if I were to open a business on the north coast (which I will NOT) it would be either a NY style bagel shop, or pizza by the slice. - D

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In a moment of weakness I bought the seriously overpriced imported bagels at the supermarket here in SD the other day. RD$165 for six, which works out at about US$0.80 a bagel. I don't know what one would pay in the US, but it seems a little steep to me.
I second Bagels'n'more as a great place. Mmmmmmm.

amandalivoti

Jan 20, 2006
rafael said:
Great. .. .but now where can I get some decent butter? LOL
supermercado "El AMigo", on the Gustavo Mejia Ricart east of the Tiradentes has imported butter. "La Placita", also on the Tiradentes, east of the Lincoln, probably has imported butter as well.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Most do, not just the fancy ones like Amigo, although not with total consistency. Carrefour sells French butter, and Nacional, Bravo, Cadena and Pola usually sell Kerrygold and/or Danish and/or Spanish.