Going down to the DR

Kiki

Jan 7, 2006
I'm planning to go to PC beginning of March with a bunch of my girlfriends and was trying to decide on an AI or just rent an apartment. Does anyone have good contacts or information about renting an apartment for a week in Bavaro.. AI is just too expensive..

Any info is great!!

Thanks!

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Not sure about apartments in PC. If you're looking for something outside of an AI; from what I've read, Sosua would be better. Fly to Puerto Plata. Call up ole what's his name....he'll take care of you.

Kiki

Jan 7, 2006
AtlantaBob said:
Not sure about apartments in PC. If you're looking for something outside of an AI; from what I've read, Sosua would be better. Fly to Puerto Plata. Call up ole what's his name....he'll take care of you.

who's ole??? cool..thxs!

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
You didn't mention whether any of you speak Spanish. That might make a difference in the recommendations that you are given here........

Sep 19, 2005
Have you tried to book the flight and hotel with the same outfit?

I have heard and seen where it was almost as cheap to book the hotel and fly as it was to just the flight alone

check it out...try bundling one of your cheaper hotels( try non AI first) with your flight....try orbitz, travelocity, or even a travel agent.

doesnt hurt to try.....

good luck

bob

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I remember somebody I know once mentioning Villa Princessa in the Bavaro area, close to Cortecito if my memory serves me correctly. Dont know anything about the quality or prices but try a search on the internet! Good luck!;)

Kiki

Jan 7, 2006
samanasuenos said:
You didn't mention whether any of you speak Spanish. That might make a difference in the recommendations that you are given here........

I don't speak Spanish but I can understand abit of it.

Kiki

Jan 7, 2006
laurapasinifan said:
Have you tried to book the flight and hotel with the same outfit?

I have heard and seen where it was almost as cheap to book the hotel and fly as it was to just the flight alone

check it out...try bundling one of your cheaper hotels( try non AI first) with your flight....try orbitz, travelocity, or even a travel agent.

doesnt hurt to try.....

good luck

bob

well I can get flight for $150 .. all i need is accommodation.. I kinda figured AI would be too expensive

Kiki

Jan 7, 2006
drloca said:
I remember somebody I know once mentioning Villa Princessa in the Bavaro area, close to Cortecito if my memory serves me correctly. Dont know anything about the quality or prices but try a search on the internet! Good luck!;)

Will do! Thanks!:classic:

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Forget Punta Cana - head to Puerta Plata and visit the north coast. Get your hotel to set you up with some tours into the countryside, do whalewatching in Samana, get a driver to take all of you to Playa Rincon in Las Galeras for the day........get off of the beaten path and you will be glad that you did.

And leave the driving to professionals - you will soon see why! ENJOY!