Need Name of Electronics Repair Shop

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
My stereo (actually one of those surround-sound numbers) stopped working recently (video OK, no sound). Can anyone recommend a good repair shop on the north coast, perferably in POP? I realize that this is asking a lot; I've made inquiries to long-time residents who own businesses here, and the concensus is: 'it's not who's good, but who's least bad'! Any help will be much appreciated.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
if you could come to santiago, i can help. I know some people who can fix it.
azb

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The only place I know in POP, is DeLancer's.
I don't know the name of the street, but it is the same street that goes by Casa Nelson, the main church, the old courthouse.
It is situated on the right hand side (North-East) as you head towards the Malecon, approx. 2 blocks before the end of the street.

diego

Aug 16, 2003
If you are in Sosua

call Ramon at the Copy Center across the street from Verizon..best one in town 571-1424

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Thank you very much

AZB said:
if you could come to santiago, i can help. I know some people who can fix it.
azb

but I'm tied down to the computer screen 9-5 M-F here in POP. By the time I managed to get to STI I'm afraid the shops would be closed. However, if I do get a break and the unit is still broken, I may have to take time off, and take you up on you generous offer.
Buzzard
P.S. Your continuing offers to help fellow DR1ers is an amazing thing, and we are all grateful for it.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Thanks very much

Rocky said:
The only place I know in POP, is DeLancer's.
I don't know the name of the street, but it is the same street that goes by Casa Nelson, the main church, the old courthouse.
It is situated on the right hand side (North-East) as you head towards the Malecon, approx. 2 blocks before the end of the street.

Thanks Rocky. Being that DeLancer's was in POP, I took it there. The following events are not particularly unusual, but I will share them anyway.:
I leave it with them early (8:15AM) on Thursday. At 2:00PM they call, saying it was fixed. Needless to say, I was suprised. Since (as I said in my response to AZB), I'm locked in to working over the Internet 9-5 NY time, my wife agrees to pick it up. She gets there, and is given a demo of the repair's success. Unfortunately, the unit doesn't cooperate in the demo, and fails to work! However, today she did pick it up, and it seems to be fine.
Thanks for your assistance. You, like AZB, are a real help to the DR1ers.
Buzzard