Open US Bank account for non US citizen

Sekam

Jan 29, 2006
Does anybody know how to open a US bank account for non US resident?

Please provide the details.

Where and how to get the form?
Which bank(s)?
Does the bank(s) has website?
What are the document(s) needed?
Does the bank(s) has customer service email for inquiry?
Does the bank(s) provide internet banking facility and provide Visa or Mastercard ATM Cards?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Sekam said:
Does anybody know how to open a US bank account for non US resident?

Please provide the details.

Where and how to get the form?
Which bank(s)?
Does the bank(s) has website?
What are the document(s) needed?
Does the bank(s) has customer service email for inquiry?
Does the bank(s) provide internet banking facility and provide Visa or Mastercard ATM Cards?

All you need is a copy of your passport or any other ID and US$200.00 as a deposit.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You have to do it in person since AML regulations call for stricter KYC (Know Your Client) rules. Being from out of the country is not a big deal other than maybe witholding taxes on interest and no credit facilities like overdraft protection being offered.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
ricktoronto said:
You have to do it in person since AML regulations call for stricter KYC (Know Your Client) rules. Being from out of the country is not a big deal other than maybe witholding taxes on interest and no credit facilities like overdraft protection being offered.
Really? I have a bank account in the US with a bank in which I have never set food. Furthermore, I have never actually spoken to anyone there, all my dealings were through the internet.

Check ispbank.net. Not an endorsement, but that's one of the US banks where we have accounts. No hassle, only prove you are NOT a US citizen.

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Hoang said:
YES, YOU CAN GET A US BANK ACCOUNT FOR NON RESIDENT BUY CLICKING ON THIS LINK BELOW:

http://usbankaccount4nonresidence.s5.com

That thing looks a bit dodgy dont you think? I know that the usual banks, after the Patriot Act, have very strict regulations regarding these matters and it is pretty hard for non residents to get a bank account. But if these alternatives work, and you dont get screwed, have at it!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Pib said:
Really? I have a bank account in the US with a bank in which I have never set food. Furthermore, I have never actually spoken to anyone there, all my dealings were through the internet.

Check ispbank.net. Not an endorsement, but that's one of the US banks where we have accounts. No hassle, only prove you are NOT a US citizen.

Pib, do you know if money can be transferred from a PayPal account to a bank account?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Ken said:
Pib, do you know if money can be transferred from a PayPal account to a bank account?

Ken - allow me to answer - yes. I do it all the time. I transfer money to and from my paypal account all the times.

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Paypal is the way to go. Overseas clients can pay you merely by email, and you can then deposit funds, asyou wish, in the bank accounts linked to your paypal account. You can move money back and forth. It is a very good system.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
El Tigre said:
Ken - allow me to answer - yes. I do it all the time. I transfer money to and from my paypal account all the times.

Thanks. Are you using the one posted by Pib? If not, which one?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Pib said:

Pib, wonder how you did it. Got this reply today from ISP bank: "Thank you for your online inquiry.

"Unfortunately the bank is unable to open accounts for international
clients and/or businesses. "

I also check the online bank El Tigre uses. They said they only open accounts for US citizens or residents of the 50 states.

blondie woman

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 2, 2006
i have asked this same question many times to myself, but since i came across this sight, i may as wll just put this same question out there and ask if anyone really has the answer ? can you ? have you ? and what about Banco Popular ? might make trips to the DR a whole lot easier. Thanks

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What about Banco Popular, Blondie Woman? Banco Popular is a highly regarded bank with branches in most places you are likely to be.

blondie woman

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 2, 2006
can a non US citizen open a bank in the DR and actually have fund deposited there where he / she can w/d funds in US currency. I know, right about now someone is laughing at my question.....and thinking crazy, looney, I have heard it all, but I am actually hoping for an intelligent answer without all the name calling and BS. I checked with my bank here and they said no. And can a US citizen open an account in the DR. seems that would be a much easier way to handle your funds if you were going to be there as a frequent visitor. Hope I hear back from someone who isnt just a smart a**. This is a genuine question. if this is the case than why cant a worker there who gets paid in pesos just cash his / her check at the bank go to a local exchange get us dollars and have more money to live on. I know it sounds crazy. but everyone down there wants to be paid in US cause it goes alot farther...so wahts the real story ? I dont think I am that stupid...but according to everyone I am, so heck what difference does it make what I ask. Do you have to me a non- Dominican to use an exchange ? I know the goverment and banking authorities must have very strick rules governing this.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
blond woman, it is possible to open a dollar account in the DR. You deposit dollars and withdraw dollars. If a Dominican needs dollars, he can buy dollars from the bank, but he can't deposit pesos and withdraw dollars.

It is possible to send dollars to your US account by means of a wire transfer from your bank in your country.

Where do you usually spend your time when you visit the DR? If Sosua, I would recommend you talk with the people at Banco Santa Cruz and Banco Popular aout opening an account and sending money to to by means of a wire transfer.

Anybody can exchange dollars for pesos and anybody can buy dollars with pesos. Only people who have deposited dollars in a dollar account can withdraw dollars from the account.

blondie woman

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 2, 2006
Thank you, you are a gentelman and a scholar. You answer was just what I as looking for and I sincerly thankyou

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Hi all.

I believe you can't anymoe after 9/11 , only with a Social Security number as I have been informed .... only existing accounts will stay ... Like I have one at Bank of America without Social Security but is was opened 10 years ago.

If you find a good bank which opens one with that number let me know, would like for my wife.