Policeman killed a baby and gets only three months!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
When I read the orignal story in DR1, I was devastated.

Baby killed by stray bullet
One-year-old Marcos Montero Gomez died last night after being hit by a stray bullet in the mouth while at home in the Las Flores low income area in Cristo Rey, National District. El Caribe reports that this happened while a group of unidentified persons were shooting their guns to the air while celebrating the victory of Licey in the winter season baseball playoffs. The boy was the son of Victor Montero.

I was going to post the article on the message board, but I didn't, because in addition to not knowing all the facts, I didn't want to start another useless thread about gun control.

Finding out that the idiot that fired the gun was a policeman makes me ask the question, "Don't they give any training before they make someone a policeman in the DR?".

Does anyone know what branch of police he was from?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
rellosk said:
...Does anyone know what branch of police he was from?

Although a corporal in the national police, he was a reknown hoodlum and troublemaker in the barrio. The mother of the unfortunate child should also take blame. When she heard the shooting, she leaned over her third floor balcony with the child in her arms to watch the commotion below.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Mirador said:
The mother of the unfortunate child should also take blame.
Get real. The person that fired the gun is the only one to blame.:disappoin

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Mirador said:
Although a corporal in the national police, he was a reknown hoodlum and troublemaker in the barrio. The mother of the unfortunate child should also take blame. When she heard the shooting, she leaned over her third floor balcony with the child in her arms to watch the commotion below.

Oh my God. Thats horrible :(

Larry

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I have seen alot of people in this country run towards gunfire to see what's going on, my own wife once ran to the window after turning on a light to see what was going on when the police were having a shootout outside our old apartment. She was actually ****ed off when I tackled her.