serving documents

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Nelly said:
yes, divorce papers :)
There is an Aguacil 9Bailiff) assigned for Sosua.
I do not have his contact info, but it would be no more complicated then dropping into City Hall or the adjacent courthouse, and asking for him, or his number.
Are you presently in the country?

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
No, I'm still up here in the frozen tundra, unfortunately. The good news is that I recently found out I do not have to go to the RD to get a divorce. I'm not sure why I thought I had to do that in the first place. I can do it in Canada (without a lawyer,even) but I do have to serve my ex-husband with the papers. I'll be working on the documents over the next month or two and then I will need someone to serve the documents and fill out an affidavit saying that they were served. I dredded the thought that my next visit would be my "divorce" trip, but I feel better to get that part behind me before I visit again. It has been 16 months since my last visit and I miss it so very much. Thanks for your reply Marc!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Bailiff

When the time comes, you can contact me, so that I can check the correct proceedure.
I assume that the papers would have to be sent to a lawyer here, who would then arrange to get the papers served to the hubby by way of the bailiff, then get you the required affidavit.