Baseball Trip

LetsGoOakland

Feb 1, 2006
When would be the best time for a baseball watching trip around the DR? I am looking at a 2 week or so trip and would love to see some local pro or amateur teams play some ball. Any suggestions? I will have some free time after Easter, or maybe in late March. What is a good budget for a single guy who does enjoy drinking some beers at night. Not looking for all inclusive type things at all. Smaller hotels are better for me, basic is fine (I live in Guatemala and am used to more humble accomodations), and I like to eat in local restaurants, no problems with rice and beans with a bit of chicken or fish or something. $20-30 a day? A little more? A little less?

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Well you can check out the local games, but major league play is over for the season. The Dominican Winter Season runs from November to End of January.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
LetsGoOakland said:
What is a good budget for a single guy who does enjoy drinking some beers at night. Not looking for all inclusive type things at all. Smaller hotels are better for me, basic is fine (I live in Guatemala and am used to more humble accomodations), and I like to eat in local restaurants, no problems with rice and beans with a bit of chicken or fish or something. $20-30 a day? A little more? A little less?
What part of the country do you plan on visiting? Is the $20-30 a day what you have budgeted for the hotel or for food and drink?

Sep 19, 2005
I dont see how you can get JUST a hotel room for less than $20 a day...much less eat and drink a few beers!!!! If you go to the Santiago or San Fransisco deMacoris areas... you should be able to see games, and you should be able to eat for $10-15 a day if you so choose to.

bob

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Come back next October 21 or later. We are now entering the Caribbean Woeld Series in Maracaibo...Starts tomorrow.

In Santiago you can do what you want for about $45 a day: Room, eat, see baseball. In San Francisco de Macoris you can do it a little cheaper and in Santo Domingo, if you take grubby accomodations where ou might wake up in an ice bath minus a kidney, you could possible do it.

Games are generally every other day here in Santiago.

As a Chap?n, you will be happy to know that there are three or four Guatamaltecos here in Santiago....

HB :D:D