Visa regulation

Serge Salanenka

Feb 2, 2006
Dear friends,
I represent travel company DISCOVERY from Belarus. I have a question regarding visa regulations for citizens of Belarus coming to Dominican Republic.
Somewhere in Internet I saw that we have to open entry visa in advance.
Sometimes we do it in Dominican Embassy in Vienna. But in AMADEUS GDS (Global Reservation System) I see that visa can be issued upon arrival. I mean travel purpose, of course.
I tried to contact Visa Section in Santo-Domingo, but it seems to be very difficult to call from Belarus to Dominican Embassy. :ermm:
So I kindly ask you to help me with the information regarding visa regulations for citizens of BELARUS, arriving to Dom. Rep. with travel purposes.
We are really confused... Some our tourists come and get visa in Punta Cana upon arrival, some tourists open visa in advance.

Thank's in advance,
Serge

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
According to the Continental Airlines (which MAY NOT be 100% accurate) website, you do NOT need a visa. Just a tourist card that can be purchased on arrival. You may want to contact the airlines your client will be traveling on. It is the responsibility of the airline to insure the passenger has proper travel documents.

/ 02FEB06 / 1509 UTC
National BELARUS (BY) /Embarkation BELARUS (BY)
Destination DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (DO)

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (DO)

Passport required.

Visa not required for a max. stay of 30 days, provided holding
Tourist Card (issued on arrival). No photos required.
Fee: USD 10.-.
Extension possible for a stay of 90 days. Fee: DOP 62.40.
Further extensions possible.
Note: Tourist Card not required if born in Dominican Rep.

Serge Salanenka

Feb 2, 2006
Thank's for your comment. I see tha same in Amadeus GDS.
But you are right, it's may not be 100% accurate...:ermm:
Nevertheless I'd like to know exact info.
Thank's a lot

Serge Salanenka

Feb 2, 2006
Probably somebody can help me and make a call to Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Visa Section) in order to ask them about visa regulation for citizens of Belarus.
On web-site www.dominicanrepublic.com I found one number:
(809) 535-6280, ext. 326. But I can not dial it from Belarus to my regret.
Thank's a lot

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
I would suggest contacting one of the bigger Dominican Embassies in Europe like in Madrid,Paris,Rome
or even maybe in Montreal,Washington DC

as far as I know though you can purchase your visa upon arrival..No problem and Im like 95% sure of this because 4 months ago a friend of mine from Belarous went to DR and she did just that,..but ofocurse in 4 months things can change