zoom airlines

colibri

Sep 15, 2004
Has anyone travelled with zoom airlines from Montreal to Pto Pta? Is it good?
They are cheaper than Air Transat but I was wondering if they had regular flights, etc.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
colibri said:
Has anyone travelled with zoom airlines from Montreal to Pto Pta? Is it good?
They are cheaper than Air Transat but I was wondering if they had regular flights, etc.
Zoom Airlines http://www.flyzoom.com are own by the same person who own "Go Travel Direct", with a fleet of 1(one) Boeing 767-300ER airplane and serve Go Travel Direct exclusively. Zoom operates a combination of scheduled and charter services to destinations including the U.K., France and the Caribbean.
Departure from many Canadian cities including Ottawa(home base) and Montreal.

Some time First Air planes are chartered to pick up the slack.

We flew with Zoom to Puerto Plata many times, I prefere them over AirTransat, last summer we flew to Paris with Zoom and return with a First Air plane, go figure..

WebDev

bentwire

Jan 30, 2006
If you rent the airplane i will fly it for you,, but i want a waver signed saying i am not responsible for bad landings,, most of my take offs have been good so no worries there,,, no one ever wants to belive me about those darn tires going flat from the pelicans beek over San Jose Ca

Jeff & Susan

Feb 7, 2006
Hey,
We have flown Zoom for the last 5 years and are flying with them in March going to La Romama. We normally fly out of Ottawa but choose Montreal last year, flight has always left on time and even arrived early a couple of times, movies on flight and pretty decent airline food. Decent leg room but extra leg room is available at an extra cost.

We really think you will enjoy the service.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
WebDev said:
Zoom Airlines http://www.flyzoom.com are own by the same person who own "Go Travel Direct", with a fleet of 1(one) Boeing 767-300ER airplane and serve Go Travel Direct exclusively. Zoom operates a combination of scheduled and charter services to destinations including the U.K., France and the Caribbean.
Departure from many Canadian cities including Ottawa(home base) and Montreal.

Some time First Air planes are chartered to pick up the slack.
I knew this information sounded dated to me.

According to www.airfleets.net Zoom operates a fleet of four (4) Boeing 767 aircraft; 2 ea. 767-306ER (C-GZNA & C-GZNC) and 2 ea. 767-328ER (C-GZUM & C-GZMM). They began with 1 Airbus 320-211 on 12/12/2002 and replaced it with a 767 in 2003 and have added one 767 each subsequent year; 2004, 2005 and 2006.

Before Zoom began the founder of GoTravelDirect, Mr. Hugh Boyle, chartered from FirstAir but I believe it is a rare (if at all) occurrence now as Zoom is serving all of GTD needs.

Gregg

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
FireGuy said:
I knew this information sounded dated to me.

According to www.airfleets.net Zoom operates a fleet of four (4) Boeing 767 aircraft; 2 ea. 767-306ER (C-GZNA & C-GZNC) and 2 ea. 767-328ER (C-GZUM & C-GZMM). They began with 1 Airbus 320-211 on 12/12/2002 and replaced it with a 767 in 2003 and have added one 767 each subsequent year; 2004, 2005 and 2006.

Before Zoom began the founder of GoTravelDirect, Mr. Hugh Boyle, chartered from FirstAir but I believe it is a rare (if at all) occurrence now as Zoom is serving all of GTD needs.

Gregg

Thanks Gregg, I did not know that. Was always a pleasure flying with Zoom, and like thier colours also.

Four airplanes, now they do have a fleet.

Next time I fly with them(in 3 weeks) will take a note of the C-GZNA or whatever ID of the plane.

WebDev