Wanting to buy a home

laneej

Feb 2, 2006
We are looking to purchase a home in the Dominican and need help getting started. Does anyone know where to start?
Can anyone recommend a good realestate lawyer?

laneej

Feb 2, 2006
We are looking on the North Side of the island. Do ou have experience in the realestate there?

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
!

be aware real estates are pricey ,and it is cheaper to buy the land and then build.......much cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!

FrankFlorida

Feb 3, 2006
Struggle with construction?

billyidol said:
be aware real estates are pricey ,and it is cheaper to buy the land and then build.......much cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are your experiences of price per square foot or square meter for a medium quality, two-story villa?
Beside that, I could think about lots of hazel to build a home.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Laneej,
I have used many times Guido Perdomo in Sosua but I also know Guzman is good. You can trust both attorneys. Make sure you use a reputable attorney.

As for researching, most people (including myself) would suggest realtors such as Century 21 Dean or Anabela, Hispaniola Real Estate (Werner), Property Centre (Ty) and some others. Posters, can you share good experience?

As for buying a finished home vs contruction, this is a personnal choice. I have done both. Construction can certainly give you more headaches than buying a finished home. Sure, if you build you can expect greater appreciation of your investment and save some money, just like everywhere else. This is a personnal choice.

Good luck in your project and feel free to use the people of this board. email me if you have more questions.

Eric Carignan

e.f.s.

Dec 28, 2006
ty oz from the property center is exellent also has a good attorney carlos have had great results

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
This is the Truth!

After reading this post in Feb.06..
This is what I did and saved tens of thousands of dollars.....

Last edited:

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Real estate on the North Coast

We highly recommend agent Kees Van Der Laan at Century 21 and for legal help Guido Perdomo 809-571-1950