bringing in my firearm to the D.R.

ichinobond

Aug 16, 2005
I need to know what it takes to bring my firearm from the U.S. to my home in santo domingo . I would really appreciate the info .

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
First you ask if a person who commited a felony in the US can be extradited, now you want to import a firearm?:nervous:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A lot of frustrations.
Firearms are not considered to be necessary for the ordinary citizen--there is no Second Amendment here!!!:p---------

First you have to have your Resident's Permit and your C?dula.
Thenyou have to take a series of tests. And then pay about $200 each and evry year to have it.

Alternately: You can stow it away in the container that will be doing your move and hope that nobody finds it.It has been done before.

Also, you can probably get a Haitian to buy you one over in Haiti and smuggle it here for you to keep in your house.

Also, civilians are not supposed to own anything larger than a 9mm.

No rifles. Shotguns pay the same as a handgun...

HB :D:D

Sep 19, 2005
yeah rifle are a big no no....only those connected to the goverment or in the national guard get to have them. That is why air rifles are so popular.. and that is why my buddy had me make him up 20 or so adapter for those paintball cylinders, to be used on some common air rifles.

again, my friends all seem to be connected some how, but they have .40 calibers pistols....I dont know much about the minimum calibers rules. I d know that i tried to get my girlfriend to get a pistol permit.

1st she had to buy the pistol....$3,000 for american $800 pistol!

2nd, she had to take a urine test, to check for drugs

3rd The gunstore owner fills out the paper work for you permit, and we could have had it in 2 weeks!

I bet the gun has to come in through a licensed dealer leaglly....my buddies have a bunch of guns in america, and even though it cost sooo much more to buy in the DR.. when they wanted guns there. they bought in the DR, instead of having them brought in....says a lot if you ask me. And these guys have all the loop holes filled in... and still they chose to buy at triple the cost , instead of bringing one in from america

good luck

like to know the outcome

bob

DEV

Dec 1, 2005
How about if you own a manufacturing company? Is the "company" able to own a firearm?

Tahnks, Don V

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
DEV said:
How about if you own a manufacturing company? Is the "company" able to own a firearm?
Is the "company" able to fire the firearm? Besides, the "company" would probably have a hard time passing the psychiatric fitness. I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Jan 5, 2006
Maximum caliber allowed is 9mm.

If you get a "military permit", you can carry a higher caliber pistol. In the past, those "military permits" were easy to obtain if you were well connected. Lately, it has become nearly impossible to obtain or renew if you are not actually qualified military personnel.

You can bring a gun into the country illegally and then get it legalized, but you have to be well, and I mean well connected. You better be good friends with some colonels or higher. ;)

DEV

Dec 1, 2005
HOWMAR said:
Is the "company" able to fire the firearm? Besides, the "company" would probably have a hard time passing the psychiatric fitness. I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Thanks, it was worth a shot.

Don V

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
I agree with hillbilly,alot of hastle for nothing.I to looked at buying a hand gun here for security;been here perminent 4 months st dmg ,walk /talk go every where,sorry just dont need one,more problem than what its worth.If someone going to capp your ass you aint got time to do anything,fiddling unlocking,no matter how pro you are.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
A plastic, 12 gauge marine flare gun is legal to have in the DR. Although the pistol only fires one shot at a time, you'd be suprised how much damage a magnesium flare burning at 2,000 degrees will do to a human body at close range. No only will it knock a man over, it will also fry his guts crispy brown. Spear guns and small crossbows are also legal (although you'd look pretty funny walking down the street carrying either).

donrael

Sep 26, 2005
HOWMAR said:

the "company" might have a hard time giving urine sample.

Sep 19, 2005
donrael said:
the "company" might have a hard time giving urine sample.

I wonder what the percentage of URINE samples are that actually matched the DNA of the name on the paper work??

bob

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
laurapasinifan said:
I wonder what the percentage of URINE samples are that actually matched the DNA of the name on the paper work??
bob
You mean the girl at the desk doesn't watch you pee in the bottle?;)

Sep 19, 2005
HOWMAR said:
You mean the girl at the desk doesn't watch you pee in the bottle?;)

a 100 people can WATCH...., but you know it IS the dominican republic!!!!!

wrap the urine bottle with a $100 bill!!!!!!!!! and i bet the girl ends up ****ing in the bottle!!! ha ha ha

bob