Guinness in Santo Domingo?

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
I am planning to be in the capital the week of Saint Patricks Day(March 13-19) and was wondering: Is there is a watering hole where I might be able to find a proper pint of Guinness? Even an improper pint would do. Near the Zona Colonial would be nice as that is where my hotel is but if it took a cab ride I would not complain. I will not be in the capital on the day of days,3/17, as I will be going out to Boca de Huma for a few days to see what kind of a shindig they put on and to view the parade. I will be "celebrating " that whole week and as much as I love Presedente, a pint of Guinness would be nice to get in the spirit. Any help that could be given to a wayward Mic would be appreciated as always.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Your best bet may be the Beer House off of Churchill. They have a "wide" variety of beer. Wide for the DR that is. . . . .I am not sure if they have Guiness, but if they don't. . . . I am not sure if any other place will.

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
rafael;can you give more detailed directions to this beer house,wow im shaking with excitment ;no more brahma/presidente ( yipee)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Maybe "CoCo's a British restaurant in the Colonial Zone. I would be very surprised if you found Guinness in any other bar in the DR.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
british bulldog said:
rafael;can you give more detailed directions to this beer house,wow im shaking with excitment ;no more brahma/presidente ( yipee)

Heading north up churchill make a right after the taco bell. Beer House will be on your left hand side. Don't get too excited as 6-8 different beers is about what they have. . . . .I just drink Presidente and had a date try budweiser once. . . . lol. . .

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
BPL888 said:
I am planning to be in the capital the week of Saint Patricks Day(March 13-19) and was wondering: Is there is a watering hole where I might be able to find a proper pint of Guinness? Even an improper pint would do. Near the Zona Colonial would be nice as that is where my hotel is but if it took a cab ride I would not complain. I will not be in the capital on the day of days,3/17, as I will be going out to Boca de Huma for a few days to see what kind of a shindig they put on and to view the parade. I will be "celebrating " that whole week and as much as I love Presedente, a pint of Guinness would be nice to get in the spirit. Any help that could be given to a wayward Mic would be appreciated as always.

Not in the capital but on the North Coast you can get it at Jose O'Shays ...It is served ice cold though...tom

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Thank You All

Many thanks for all the replies. I will try each and every suggestion on my pubcrawl, and will try Jose O'shay's on my next trip to the North Coast. Just in case I may pack a few Guinness "Pubcans" along with my green shamrock underwear so I don't go without. Thanks again

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Don't they sell Guinness in La Sirena or El Encanton?? I recall Heineken being sold there.

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
guinness in santo domingo

bpl pay a visit to the irish consulate in santo domingo i am sure u will find your answer i believe it is located on sarasota ave good luck and erin go bragh slainte

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Never seen it here, not even at Coco's, which closed down just over a year ago, unfortunately.

They sell something called Guinness in Haiti, though.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
bring??loads a money..............

Many thanks for all the replies. I will try each and every suggestion on my pubcrawl, and will try Jose O'shay's on my next trip to the North Coast. Just in case I may pack a few Guinness "Pubcans" along with my green shamrock underwear so I don't go without. Thanks again
love guinness myself.the sto.domg advice sounds good,but jose o sheas will charge you 10_12us per can and unless you have money to throw away would not be an advisable joint to do yer drinkin.have lots of fun but dont get scewed without the vaseline!

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
check the larger super markets. i'm pretty sure that i bought a 4-pack of cans at carrefour or another big supermarket 5 or 6 yrs ago.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
cerveceria vegana used to make guinness under licence in the dom rep.....sadly, not any more.
i still have a few bottles (souvenirs), but I hardly think they are drinkable.

i get bottles of guinness from haiti, now and again ...... they used to sell the odd one at coco's, but they closed down quite a while ago.

no chance in the beer house, but there is a remote possibility you might find a six-pack in some of the bigger nacional supermarkets. they sold them there about christmas-time a couple of years ago.

if you do find any - please be sure to let us know.

fightingirish

Dec 8, 2005
No luck in La Sirena on Churchill.

They had Presidente, Brahma, Benedicto (something like that?), and strangely enough Becks.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Keep me updated, I could really use some nectar of the gods about now. My irish blood has a vitamin G deficiancy!!!

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
cerveceria vegana used to make guinness under licence in the dom rep.....sadly, not any more.
i still have a few bottles (souvenirs), but I hardly think they are drinkable.

i get bottles of guinness from haiti, now and again ......

That's a tragedy. In my experience the Guinness brewed for local consumption in Ireland is so much better than that brewed for export.

I suspect the Guinness from Haiti is imported and not brewed in Haiti.

:(

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i thought guinness does not take transport very well?
now you have mentioned it - i really REALLY want to drink it...