whale watching tour from punta cana?

JohnnyDomingo

Oct 23, 2005
I and a friend will be at the Iberostar Bavaro in Punta Cana and would like to do a whale watching excursion - expecially the Kim Beddall tour on Victoria Marine/Whale Samana. I was wondering if anyone knows of any operators in that area that would be able to provide us with a round trip package and what the ballpark price would be.
Thanks - Johnny

dutchdiver

Jan 20, 2009
did you manage to go whale watching from punta cana?

I found this post and am going to Punta Cana (same resort actually) at the beginning of March.
Did you manage to go whale watching?
If so, how did you arrange it and do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the mentioned Jumbo is a great contact, i highly recommend that swiss guy, he knows what he is doing.
basically, i would say don't do any targeted whale watching, those animals come back here to their own birthplace to give birth to their next generation, let 'em live in peace and don't bother them.
to the Q "did you see 'em".
yes, i saw 1 yesterday while fishing, the first ones are around since 10 days now here in the punta cana waters.
don't PM me, i don't offer tours for such and will sure never set up such.
we see them while fishing "accidentally", pictures from the distance are o.k., anything else i do not support.
for all the ones who want to 'hunt down' those beautiful animals to get their picture of a lifetime:
there's no real need to travel to Samana on full day excursions or even by airplane, the humpbackwhale population present here off the Punta Cana coast is the same sized than the one present off the bay of Samana. if you rent a boat from your watersports center here in PC you have the same chances to see them than by travelling all the way up north to Samana which takes finally a full day excursion and costs much more per piece.
happy travel
Mike

dutchdiver

Jan 20, 2009
follow up question on whale watching from bavaro

Near Miches at Punta El Rey you can go with the catamaran Sonya from Jumbo to the whales.
I was there tourguide to the whales.

@Dre: How far is "Miches at Punta El Rey" (is it a bar? a restaurant? a hotel?) from the Iberostar Bavaro resort, and how do recognize it?
Do I need to reserve in advance, and if so, how?
Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Leo and Jumbo sold their place, Leo is as far as my knowledge living in Santo Domingo now and Jumbo is together with Andy, a German guy, running "Harley's heaven".
that place is the best spot you can visit here, the excursion to their place the best offered on the Isle, like before been the excursion at Punta del Rey run by Jumbo and Leo, now it is Andy and Jumbo, great guys, their spot is known as Playa Limon.
i don't know if they have their newest excursions "3 waters" started, yet, i know they work on that, will be a blast.
to reach their place is from the above mentioned Iberostar Bavaro around 2 1/2=3 hrs ride, but well worth it.
their newest website is on
Hotel Harleys Heaven - Playa Limon - Dominikanische Republik
have fun
Mike