calling card to call home?

hector79

Feb 7, 2006
I have been getting my phone cards from http://www.cheaperwaytocall.com. I am curious if anybody else have a good experience with some other store.
The card I use usually New World II, i get around 1000 min with $20 card. tell me what else have u use.... thanks

donrael

Sep 26, 2005
what a dissapointment...dont use "BLING BLING" calling card

hector79 said:
I have been getting my phone cards from http://www.cheaperwaytocall.com. I am curious if anybody else have a good experience with some other store.
The card I use usually New World II, i get around 1000 min with $20 card. tell me what else have u use.... thanks
i just used
http://www.cheaperwaytocall.com

to buy a card called Bling Bling, it had four stars and said you get 113 minutes to call DR cell using either toll free (which is an extra 2 cents per minute) and local number.

ok so I went for it. first, they did NOT have any local numbers to call, I called and a customer service rep told me some lame excuse about them changing carrier and the local number not being available at the moment.

can you believe this?!

she then tells me that the extra 2 cents charge for the toll free number is being waved....OK, i can work with that.

Next, I try to use the card and am told I got 62 minutes...wAIt a minute, didnt they advertise 113 for a cell phone. I called again customer service and I am told that there's no connection charge but there's a service fee.

FINE, 1 hour is still better than the average, although so far they have misrepresented information more than once.

so I use the F****** card to call my sister's cell and half an hour later I get a prompt saying...."you have two minutes left"

WHAT THE F**K!!!!???!?!?!?!?

what happened to the danm 62 minutes I was quoted which was less than the 113 they advertised?

IS there no way to NOT be taken advantage of by these F****ng calling service cards????

for GOD's sake give me a break!
:angry:

oh and i forgot, there was an additional $1 added to the purchase because i spent less than $20....give me a fckin break!

Last edited:

donrael

Sep 26, 2005
right now I am trying a lot of different thigs to get around these DANM issues. another thing happening is that the calling card I use normally has decided in the last few weeks that people dont need 45 minutes to talk to a cell for $5. so they reduced it to 34 minutes over the the last month or so.

then we got the phone companies in DR that I am convinced drop calls on purpose.
So the user effectively uses only about 20 minutes!!!!!

QUE MARRRDITA MALA SANGRE me hacen hacer estos mal 'nacio. that's how people just get fed up and go Timothy McVeigh on their A$$.

anyways, I'll look into YAK

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Nikita_sdq said:
Does anybody know the best canadian calling card to call the DR?

I have tried them all, but found that the one from Bell Canada works the best. It is themost clear, doesn't drop the call, but cost a little more. You can top up online, and you keep the same card. CiCi was ok, lots of minutes, but lots of dropped calls. Also Talk A Lot. I still use the bell one though.

susy

Sep 30, 2004
first/top and good call calling cards in my area works best

i've been playing out a few cards. I never seem to have a problem when calling to the cell in dominican. Here's what i found works best from the hamilton area. i'm sure these cards are available in the toronto area also. (don't know where you're calling from)

first $10 card gives me 101 minutes on an orange cell phone
top gives me 80 minutes on a $10 card again on orange cell phone

these same two cards will give me around 200+ minutes on a verizon cell phone

Lastly i found the best deal of all is with good call. I believe it's a newer company. i get about 60 minutes on a $5 calling card to call a orange cell phone. Also, i find thier minute time to be correct when i'm quoted how much time i have when i dial the number.

Does anyone know of any other good cards to try out??

J

jaredhobbs

Masterbell.com

My wife and I have been using masterbell.com cards for a while now with no complaints. Just go to there website, do a search for the cheapest cards, and purchase a card with no maintenance fees or connection fees. For us right now, the cheapest card without connection fees or maintenance fees is the Bizon card.

Last edited:

Rosmery

May 1, 2006
I am new to the Jacksonville Fl area, do you know of any good calling cards to call my family in Nagua, they also have a cellphone.

P.S. Porque todos hablan en ingles, si son hispanos? Solo es una curiocidad!!!

Rosmery said:
I am new to the Jacksonville Fl area, do you know of any good calling cards to call my family in Nagua, they also have a cellphone.

P.S. Porque todos hablan en ingles, si son hispanos? Solo es una curiocidad!!!

Hola Rosmery:
No, aqui casi nadie habla Espanol y casi nadie es hispano. De hecho, casi todos aqui son extranjeros que viven en la RD, o que han ido y han quedado enamorados de nuesta bella isla.

Virginia

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
I'm the eternal bargain hunter. I have found that the cheapest way to call the DR is through Yahoo Messenger from my computer. The sound quality is excellent--both talking and listening. It's at least as good as, and sometimes better than a land line phone. A call from the US to the DR costs 6.9? a minute. To a cellphone in the DR, 14? a minute. PC to PC calls are free. Go for it. http://messenger.yahoo.com