Volunteers needed

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
basically looking for people who want to give a little of their time in a cleanup project in Santiago. I will supply all the bags for the cleanup. People in the area that are interested would be great.... and also availability of pickups dispersing the garbage to the proper place. I understand a lot of people on this board do not live here, so I've made some contacts in trying to get university students to pitch in to help their community..... meanwhile showing their parents how well they learned from them and their education.... and giving back to society for the better.

The date of the cleanup is March 19th.

And please, by no means am I saying Santiago is dirty.... I just love the city and want to help out the best I can.;) ;) ;)

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
I applaud your initiative. Could I convince you to take pics of the effort and do a little write-up as a "guest blog" for the Green Team? This is exactly the type of thing we like to see and give positive exposure to.

Best Regards,
Keith

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Keith R said:
I applaud your initiative. Could I convince you to take pics of the effort and do a little write-up as a "guest blog" for the Green Team? This is exactly the type of thing we like to see and give positive exposure to.

Best Regards,
Keith

Thanks for your kind words, and all you do.;)

As for pics ? That's up to whoever shows up with a camera.

I just like to do things to help people and this is to me what a vacation is about...... helping people and also feeling good for yourself but really 100% of what you did for them.;)

To many people in this world take for granted of how lucky they are.... rich or poor.:angry:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Well, maybe we can get Hillbilly or Azb or dms or one of our other Santiago denizens to join your effort, or at least loan you their digital camera for the day. ;)

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Keith R said:
Well, maybe we can get Hillbilly or Azb or dms or one of our other Santiago denizens to join your effort, or at least loan you their digital camera for the day. ;)

You're a nice guy.... and very helpful.;)

My goal is not to bring in people like HB the OWL,AZB.... it's basically to bring in the younger community which will be the future for them and their children to respect and appreciate their environment and try to make a little bit better.

The people you mentioned are highly recognized in their community and well deserved of that for what they brought to the table over the years.;)

BTW, whether it's one person or a hundred people.... every little bit helps.;) and I will be there on the 19th with a broom and a garbage bag... with or without help.;)

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Cleanup In Santiago

easygoin---

You tell me where to meet you and I'll bring my household plus others to the "Pick-Up Brigade" along with digital camera aand whatever.

I'll post this on the special page for "Santiago Happenings" on DRSol also.

Maybe that'll alert others to join in.

I'm jealous--- Why didn't I think to do this??? Still kicking myself!!

BTW--PM me with all details please.

Texas Bill

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Let's just read the bull by the horns

Texas Bill said:
easygoin---

You tell me where to meet you and I'll bring my household plus others to the "Pick-Up Brigade" along with digital camera aand whatever.

I'll post this on the special page for "Santiago Happenings" on DRSol also.

Maybe that'll alert others to join in.

I'm jealous--- Why didn't I think to do this??? Still kicking myself!!

BTW--PM me with all details please.

Texas Bill

Texas bill, thanks so much for your concern and help on this matter.;)

My plan is.... to get advice from locals on what areas need to be focused on.

The amount of participants in this cleanup program, will decide on how much area we can cover for that day... and if enough volunteers, we can split up in groups.;)

Like I said I will provide all the garbage bags and if need be purchase some brooms on my arrival. I went today to find out having T-shirts made up with logos.... saying on the back (Help keep Santiago beautiful) redshirt with white letters?

Thanks again Texas bill for caring.;)

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
easygoin said:
Texas bill, thanks so much for your concern and help on this matter.;)

My plan is.... to get advice from locals on what areas need to be focused on.

The amount of participants in this cleanup program, will decide on how much area we can cover for that day... and if enough volunteers, we can split up in groups.;)

Like I said I will provide all the garbage bags and if need be purchase some brooms on my arrival. I went today to find out having T-shirts made up with logos.... saying on the back (Help keep Santiago beautiful) redshirt with white letters?

Thanks again Texas bill for caring.;)

Sorry,:nervous: grab the bull by the horns....Honest mistake.

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
I wish I could be there to help!!!! But, I'm so far away!!!

I THINK THIS IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA, AND BY NO MEANS SHOULD BE TAKEN AS OF YOU ARE SAYING THAT THE CITY IS DIRTY OR WHATEVER!! I HOPE TO SEE MORE PEOPLE JOINING YOU!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, PEOPLE!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
About the T-Shirts---

easygoin said:
Sorry,:nervous: grab the bull by the horns....Honest mistake.

I suggest that the wordage be written in both Spanish and English.

Most Dominicans don't speak/read English down here.

Just an added suggestion...

Texas Bill

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Posting on DRSol

I have posted a notice on the DRSol Website under "Living (?), Santiago sub-forum" about this event.
Have asked that volunteers respond to me at my email address with contaact information so that they may be apprised of the progress of this event.

Don't know how much good it will do, but have high hopes.

Easygoin, please keep me posted as to your plans and progress, what you're bringing, buying, etc. for this event.

Hope you see fit to contact me once you're in the DR and prior to march 19th.

Texas Bill

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Work in progress

Texas Bill said:
I have posted a notice on the DRSol Website under "Living (?), Santiago sub-forum" about this event.
Have asked that volunteers respond to me at my email address with contaact information so that they may be apprised of the progress of this event.

Don't know how much good it will do, but have high hopes.

Easygoin, please keep me posted as to your plans and progress, what you're bringing, buying, etc. for this event.

Hope you see fit to contact me once you're in the DR and prior to march 19th.

Texas Bill

Thank's a million Texas Bill.

Every little bit helps in getting the word out.

I'm planning on bringing about a dozen T-shirts or so,commercial garbage bags and I will pick up the brooms and other miscellaneous when I arrive.

I had talked to someone there and told him about the project and asked if he knew of any children? And wouldn't you know the first word's out of his mouth was....... how much are you paying them. So that's one of the battles I have do deal with. I don't mind paying the children to help out because they're working. But I would much rather have a child do it because he wants to do it out of the goodness of his heart for the community. Then afterwards reward them with a little something without expecting it.

When I get in town we can drive around and pick areas that need the most help.

If you have any advice to give me or anyone else... I'm all ears.;)