Help for school in Charimicos

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Hey all,

Just sending out a note to see if any of you would like to help out with a new school that has started in Joel Phyls church in Charimicos/Sosua area.

Any supplies at all would be a great help. There are already thirty students attending and the school has many needs. If you are going to vacationing in the area and would like to bring something down or if you are living there in the Republica Dominicana that would be greatly appreciated.

If you feel that you can provide any help please pm me and I will forward the contact information to you.

Thank you.

If you wish to see photos please see this website:
http://www.pbase.com/jamesfriesen/haitiandominican_school_hopefuls&page=all

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
jrf said:
Hey all,

Just sending out a note to see if any of you would like to help out with a new school that has started in Joel Phyls church in Charimicos/Sosua area.

Any supplies at all would be a great help. There are already thirty students attending and the school has many needs. If you are going to vacationing in the area and would like to bring something down or if you are living there in the Republica Dominicana that would be greatly appreciated.

If you feel that you can provide any help please pm me and I will forward the contact information to you.

Thank you.

If you wish to see photos please see this website:
http://www.pbase.com/jamesfriesen/haitiandominican_school_hopefuls&page=all

Perhaps a list of what is most needed would be helpful.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
This is a wonderful idea, truly commendable. I am trying to figure out where in Charamicos it is, but cannot picture it?

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
What is needed...

Thank you for the reply.

Charimicos is located just after the Sosua beach if you are traveling west. Once you leave the beach on the west side you are in Charimicos.

What is needed is 60 scribblers/notebooks, pencils, pens, markers, rulers, erasers, pencil sharpeners, glue, coloured paper, and even bottled water for the thirty children that are now attending.

Right now the ages are from 5 to 14 so any other books in french, colouring books and such would be greatly appreciated as well.

The other essentials would be textbooks and food for the children that are in the school for the morning as well as funds for food and salary for the two teachers and to help pay for the rent.
I did not want to specifically ask for money-but if you feel so moved to donate to him-all the better.

Thanks again.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
jrf said:
Charimicos is located just after the Sosua beach if you are traveling west. Once you leave the beach on the west side you are in Charimicos.

No, I know, all too well, where Charamicos is, but Charimicos is very big. I was just curious as to exactly where in Charamicos this school will be. Thanks again.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Trina,

The Victory Church of God. They are using that building. It is just down from the Grand Amigo hotel, (or Willie's hotel) by the turn off to get to Tablone from the north side. Hope that helps-don't remember the street name.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Thank you very much. Best of luck to you in your venture. We will do what we can to get the word out and help.