Why is nobody talking about La Serie del Caribe?

playagirl

Feb 8, 2006
You guys got this forum and are not talking about baseball.
I just ended and nobody seems to have an opinion on how it ended.

Did anybody watch it?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
If you had seen the last play in the bottom of the ninth, you will see how the Dominican Republic lost by a player using his head.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
baseball

watched all the games,was good baseball until the "Head Shot"""what a way to lose a game!!!!In US,its called "choke"
was impressed by not many arguments ...just baseball..

playagirl

Feb 8, 2006
re:

I saw the game and know exactly were you are coming from, but thought it was weird that nobody made a comment on it.

It was very frustrating, i had never seem something like it.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
playagirl said:
I saw the game and know exactly were you are coming from, but thought it was weird that nobody made a comment on it.

It was very frustrating, i had never seem something like it.

can you tell us? i saw most of the game (last game)... DR was winning...
but then i saw they lost.

can you elaborate as to what was weird and what happened?

RP23

Jul 15, 2005
THe Head Shot... It happened now lets not talk about it again. Please! I'm going to have to use this example. God help us all......
It reminds me when Boston Red Socks won The World Series against the New York Yankees. We don't remind New Yorkers about it and we don't talk about. Lets do the same for La Serie del Caribe.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
No one's talked about it because it's typical for Dominican men to not talk about stuff when they lose. Had they won... bueno!!

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Good read

Nice job Amy Nelson. She reports on a baseball adventure during the Winter League Series of 2006.

[(Aguilas vs. Licey)]

She's got to - at least - have been lurking here at some point.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
RP23 said:
It reminds me when Boston Red Socks won The World Series against the New York Yankees. We don't remind New Yorkers about it and we don't talk about.
BTW, it wasn't the WS, it was the ALCS. And there isn't a Bosox fan alive that doesn't remind a Yankee fan at every opportunity they get.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Keep it on track.

rellosk said:
BTW, it wasn't the WS, it was the ALCS. And there isn't a Bosox fan alive that doesn't remind a Yankee fan at every opportunity they get.
I'm alive and I wouldn't waste a single breath on reminding a Yankees fan of their enormous choke. How could they forget, why should I remind them? For all intents and purposes (straight from Cashman's mouth) the ALCS was the World Series. In 20 years from now, most will have to pause to remember who the Sox beat in the WS.

I do however know of what you speak, and that is the small minority that make both fan bases look like full-blooded idiots. I have a very difficult time enjoying myself in Fenway because of these myopic nimrods.

But again, anytime ESPN wants to do a Top 10 of the greatest sports chokes in recorded history, once they get to #2, hit the power button and turn in, you know the ending.

(I held my breath on the last paragraph) ;)

RP23

Jul 15, 2005
It wasn't the WS, but it sure felt like it. I know all the Boston's Fans love to remind us Yankee's fan about the mistake of letting Boston win. JAJAJAJAJA!!!!

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
First game in Orlando

Is anyone on the board going to that game?

I cannot wait to be there and enjoy the rush of the crowd and quality ballplayers on both teams competing amongst each other.

I've never seen in out of the country game, coming from the US...... but as MasterCard says priceless.... and I'm sure I will not be disappointed.;)