Play in NJ - "Yo Soy Latina."

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Hi all,

My mother volunteers doing marketing for a fairly small theatre company (Crossroads Theatre Company) in New Brunswick, NJ. They are having a play starting this weekend until the 19th that is called "Yo Soy Latina." (which has a Dominicana in the cast).

Every play that I have seen in this theatre has been outstanding and there is not a bad seat in the house so I am sure that this production will be no exception. I will be going this Saturday with my girlfriend, brother and parents so I recommend those in the area to check it out. Here is a link to newspaper article about the play, Yo Soy Latina - http://www.pacpub.com/site/myzwire.cfm?newsid=16088938&BRD=1091&PAG=461&dept_id=343157&rfi=6

At the bottom of the article are phone #'s/addresses/show times etc and the website of the theatre company.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Actually, the World Bank brought this play to Washington, DC last year. It was PHENOMENAL. I also highly encourage everyone to go see it.

The director also takes this play on tour to colleges across the country.

Chris_NJ said:
Hi all,

My mother volunteers doing marketing for a fairly small theatre company (Crossroads Theatre Company) in New Brunswick, NJ. They are having a play starting this weekend until the 19th that is called "Yo Soy Latina." (which has a Dominicana in the cast).

Every play that I have seen in this theatre has been outstanding and there is not a bad seat in the house so I am sure that this production will be no exception. I will be going this Saturday with my girlfriend, brother and parents so I recommend those in the area to check it out. Here is a link to newspaper article about the play, Yo Soy Latina - http://www.pacpub.com/site/myzwire.cfm?newsid=16088938&BRD=1091&PAG=461&dept_id=343157&rfi=6

At the bottom of the article are phone #'s/addresses/show times etc and the website of the theatre company.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
I saw the play on Saturday night and it was excellent. My girlfriend also saw it and loved it - being that she is latina there was so much she could relate to.

A lot of the topics in the play are very relevant to the reoccuring discussions on DR1 - such as sexism, race, family etc. It is playing until next weekend so I would encourage anyone who is in the area to go see it.