Current taxi rates from SDQ to Metro bus station

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Wife, I, and little Howie will be going from SDQ airport to Metro Bus Station. Anyone have a general idea of how much that is right now using a taxi at the airport. Most recent trips have been into Santiago. Or anyone want to make a little extra cash on a side note, and take us from the airport to San Jose de las Matas, if so, what would it be in price. We are flying in on Feb 28 arriving at a little after 3 pm in SDQ.

It sucks flying into SDQ which is about 2.5 hours from Sajoma but we saved about 175US a person flying into SDQ instead of Santiago.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
dale7 said:
Wife, I, and little Howie will be going from SDQ airport to Metro Bus Station. Anyone have a general idea of how much that is right now using a taxi at the airport. Most recent trips have been into Santiago. Or anyone want to make a little extra cash on a side note, and take us from the airport to San Jose de las Matas, if so, what would it be in price. We are flying in on Feb 28 arriving at a little after 3 pm in SDQ.

It sucks flying into SDQ which is about 2.5 hours from Sajoma but we saved about 175US a person flying into SDQ instead of Santiago.

Hi there :)

A taxi ride from the airport to the Intercontinental Hotel (in Santo Domingo) costs me 900 pesos. I am a foreign tourist so I end up paying that much.

The Metro Bus Station is around a 7 to 10-minute ride from the Intercontinental Hotel.

Just to let you know, the Metro Bus departs as scheduled. For example, if the bus is scheduled to leave at noon. It will leave at noon sharp.

Have a safe and fun trip!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Just came in by the airport today and asked a taxi driver what they were charging. He told me they were charging RD$850. I asked him what they were charging tourists, and he said "the same." Metro is right in town, actually, it is closer than where I was going. The most they can charge you is RD$900.

Note Metro will only take you as far as Santiago. From there you may need to take a local commuter bus to get to San Jose de las Matas.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Dolores said:
Just came in by the airport today and asked a taxi driver what they were charging. He told me they were charging RD$850. I asked him what they were charging tourists, and he said "the same." Metro is right in town, actually, it is closer than where I was going. The most they can charge you is RD$900.

Note Metro will only take you as far as Santiago. From there you may need to take a local commuter bus to get to San Jose de las Matas.

Very good point. I forgot to mention about that. :)

I like the Metro bus--A/C, bathroom, comfortable seats all for only 250 pesos.