In Las Terrenas

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Any suggestions on where to eat in Las Terrenas? Which would you say is the best restaurant?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
The best restaurant in Las Terrenas is actually in Playa Bonita, not too far from Las Terrenas. It is "Atlantis". The chef is G?rard Prestaz. He used to be the chef in the "Palais de l?Elys?e" for president Fran?ois Mitterrand. He is also the honorary consul for France.

However, there are plenty of good tables al over Las Terrenas, so it would be hard to make a contest between all of them...

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Playa Calibri

Hotel Playa Calibri has a Little restaurant that makes their pasta fresh every morning.
It only opens at 7pm and gets packed very quickly.
Hifiman

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
hifiman said:
Hotel Playa Calibri has a Little restaurant that makes their pasta fresh every morning.
It only opens at 7pm and gets packed very quickly.
Hifiman

I second this, the restaurant name is COLIBAR at "Playa Colibri", fresh pasta daily, fresh fish and sea food, meats, etc. Get early, restaurant is quit popular with locals and tourists a like.

I meet people from Nagua coming over for dinner weekly, with a party of 8-10 people, Graziano, the manager is always on top of things and very atentive to minute details. You stop over once and he always remember you and greet you as a old friend.

The restaurant at the Atlantis is verry good also, but beeing located in Punta Bonita is $15US one way taxi ride from Las Terrenas, not to convenient if you don't have transportation and stay in Las Terrenas.

I will say the best restaurant in Las Terrenas is COLIBAR. Period.

WebDev

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Colibar

I have eaten at Colibar many times and think this is the best there is in Las Terrenas. Just wanted to hear the Terrenarians' opinions in case there was something else I had been missing.

I agree that Graziano is one of the reasons people keep going back for more. His cheerful personality can't be duplicated.

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
If you are French (pea-kay, pea-kay ey-tairs!) .... Altantis. Point. If you are a New York foodie, Atlantis. Period.

Desolee mes amis, mais on connais bien vos tendences.......

Any other nationality will enjoy Colibar. Which IS the best! (Coibar!)

jmacmoney

May 8, 2006
Juniper said:
My friends family and i made a trip to Las Terenas in March, and i have only good things to say about the peolpe, yet only bad things to say about the food. I grew up in a restaraunt so i love good food, but in Las Terenas i found nothing of the sort, maybe we just didnt know where to look, but even though i didnt really enjoy the food, the people in Las, made it well worth it. My buddy loves playin baseball, and one day we where on the beach at our resort(viva wyndham semana), and we met a lil guy name pedro, and he knew of a group of kids that play baseball everyday at the field at Las Terenas.(cause as anybody who has been to the DR will tell u everyone is always playin baseball) But anyway my buddy played everyday for a week with the kids, and was coached by one of the coaches. The thing i liked the most about the DR was how much welcoming the people are, we met some very interesting people with the little spanish we knew, that will stick with us forever.

Mar 27, 2006
The Colibar has closed and Graziano is headed over to Alisei in Las Terrenas. The brand new restaurant will open on November 1st, 2006. I can't wait!

KPthree

Sep 23, 2006
You should try the new restaurant The Beach in playa Coson. Its quickly becoming a favourite with the locals.