Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Private Schools

Post Thanks / Like

can somebody please provide me the contact info for Torre Alta Montessori School in Puerto Plata. do you know if there is another bilingual kids garden in the area?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Would someone kindly give me some insight into a private school in the Puerto Plata area for a child entering 1st grade. Important criteria for me is that the child have the opportunity to learn English there. School does not need to be bi-lingual, just offer English as a second language. Any sense on cost would be helpful as well as I have no benchmarks. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisagauss View Post
    I have to agree with HB here. I don't think it matters what school they attend in DR; they will be placed depending on how they score.

I attended HS here in NY for 9th and 10th grades, then I finished HS in Santiago, at the Milagros Hernandedz school el la Independencia (Its not there anymore as it burned down and changed owners). The point is that Milagros Hernandez, as far as I know, is not "accredited" in the US, however, I was still able to enroll in College here in the US. When I applied to the college they asked me for my HS diploma, I gave them my diploma from DR and it was fine.

GREAT to hear..thank you!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My family will be moving to Cabrera area in 22 months. Any info for schools for my daughters would be appreciated. One daughter just turned 4 and the other is a baby at 1 so school a few yrs away for her.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My family is looking to relocate to Cabrera in June/July 2018. We will be renting in Cabrera month of July this summer. We have a daughter that will be 5 this summer and want to know about education in Cabrera, Any insight is appreciated!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm behind! You will find two excellent opportunities in Cabrera: Puentes Early Learning Academy for Preschool and The Esperanza Project for elementary school. Another option would be to enroll in the public school and associate with one of the after school projects in the area for complementary (and supplementary) education.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728