SJU-SDQ competition?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Caribbean Sun to fly to DR​
Caribbean Sun airlines, owned by Texas billionaire R. Allen Stanford, has applied for permission to initiate services from San Juan's Luis Munoz Marin Airport to Las Americas International Airport in Santo Domingo. The new route would provide some competition to the American Eagle and American Airlines dominated 40-minute trek over the Mona Channel. Up till now, the route has been one of the most expensive in the world because of the demand and lack of competition. Fares can be as high as US$500 for the short trip, and are usually around US$300.

The above was reported in yesterday's DR1 Travel News. Does anyone know how real this is?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
This is one of those mentioned in a few posts and is as likely as Viva, Aeromar to either exist or stay in business. I hate to say it (to you no less) but a search would turn this guy' Standford's name up. I think it has pump and dump all over it, myself.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
ricktoronto said:
This is one of those mentioned in a few posts and is as likely as Viva, Aeromar to either exist or stay in business. I hate to say it (to you no less) but a search would turn this guy' Standford's name up. I think it has pump and dump all over it, myself.

Stop already ok

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I read VIVI is going to reverse split when it reaches .05, the annual low!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Dolores said:
Even if it is short lived, any competition will help reduce prices of fares to Puerto Rico.

Actually with one small plane and if AA thinks they won't survive they may not bother matching price or they will go so low this airline will expire.

gardito

Jan 15, 2004
AA going low to kill the comp would work for me, I've got to pay US$300+ to get there next weekend. :ermm:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Tamborista said:
I read VIVI is going to reverse split when it reaches .05, the annual low!
I forgot all about that thread. I guess that investor didn't to good on his VIVI "investment".