When quoting taxi prices, do you mean pp?

lisabnyc

Feb 13, 2006
Hi there,
Flying into Santiago on Friday to stay at Lifestyles Tropical Beach Resort on the Amber Coast in Puerto Plata. It seems the easiest way to get there is via cab. I keep hearing quotes of around $50-60 US dollars...is this accurate? Also, is this per person or for the entire car? I will be traveling with 1 more person. I am sure this question is asked a lot, but I really appreciate any guidance, as my search did not turn up an answer for me.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Unless you have over 4 people or a ton of luggage, the price quoted is for the car, NOT Per Person!

Bien Viaje

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
I don't know fares for that area, 50-60 dollars sounds good to me. If it is a taxi fare it is for the car, not per person.

Last edited:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
lisabnyc, for the most reliable taxi service I have ever used, send an email to palomalinda0890@hotmail.com

JJ is also familiar with the PP area and may be able to give you some tips on interesting sites you may want to see. You can also arrange for him to do the POP-STI return ride. I'm sure it will be less expensive than getting a taxi at the hotel.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Everything said is accurate but I do think that $50US - $60US is a bit less than you will end up paying. I travelled with JJ in October and if you can get it for that, more power to you (but not much more). Also if you want to be picked up in the middle of the night from the jetBlue arrival it will cost a bit more again - (would you want to drive at that hour for the same as in the middle of the day?).

You should also address the e-mail to Rocio Valerio, JJ's wife, as she will probably be answering you anyway.

Travel well.

Gregg