Boca Chica vs. Sosua

mao

Jun 20, 2005
Hello, I need advice on where in the DR should I take my next trip. Last Year I was in Santo Domingo for a day and then Boca Chica for about 3 days. It was my 1st trip and I had a good time. I found BC to be a little on the grimmy side but the beach was ok, I had the best bahama mama ever and the girls at the BC Beach Club(Bar/Restuarant) where little hotties. Its was an average lil town, I found the nightlife to be weak, but it achieved my goal of sitting on the beach, enjoying my book, my cubans and some cocktails. I'm planning my next trip and I'm trying to decide where in the country should I travel. I'm looking for a non AI experience like I had before in a more improved setting. My top requirements are a nice nightlife, nice beaches. I was thing of sosua, how does it rate versus BC, and maybe other areas.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Sosua is a similar setup to BC, but on a much larger scale. For nighttime activities there are more discos, clubs, etc. For daytime, there is more beach than BC. These days there aRe sectionS in BC where the beach is completely washed away.

There is also a lot more decent restaurants in Sosua. If you liked BC, but found it a bit quiet, try Sosua.

If you like exploring, from Sosua you could also take day trips to Puerto Plata, Cabarete, or Santiago.

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Boca is good for one night if you happen to be in La Capital or passing through SDQ.

I just got back from a month in "Paradise", and am looking at another soon!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Sosua has better restaurants than BC and a better beach.

BC is nice for a day but sosua is better for a vacation.

Larry

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Boca has a beautiful panoramic view of The Port of Newark!
I enjoy looking at a giant LNG tank and cranes myself.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Perfect analogy

Tamborista said:
Sosua is to the Hamptons as Boca chica is to Orchard Beach!
Yep, Sosua is definitely the upscale Boca Chica. :laugh:

Hey, wasn't that Brad and Jen I saw in Classico the other night?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I did run into Penelope and Tom last year at Margarita's at stall #39 in Sosua!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Only problem I had with Sosua is it's on the Atlantic rather than the Carribean.
More bars/discos,restaurants and working girls than Boca Chical.
Larger English speaking contingent of expats' and vacationers.
Much cleaner, litter wise than Boca Chica and no problems walking the street at night!