Presidente beer Importer

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
After an exhaustive search and no success, can anyone tell me who the American importer for Presidente beer is? I recall seeing somewhere that it was Miller, but I checked their website and there was no mention made of Presidente.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
Gentlemen, thank you. However, I googled the name and it comes up as a New York company and, unfortunately, with no specific contact info. I'll keep trying.

dominicanita123

Jul 8, 2004
President Beer Importer

Hello,
I live in Arlington, VA and yes Presidentes are being imported by Martlet Importing Co in Reston, VA. Unfortunately for us, it's virtually impossible to buy Presidentes in VA. HOWEVER, they sell them at pretty much every liquor store in Maryland and DC! I bought a 12-pack two weeks ago at a liquor store in MD for $12.99. Can't beat that price! And let me tell you when I took my first sip I closed my eyes and imagined I was back home in Cotui LOL! There's no place like home!

Malafama

Mar 17, 2005
dominicanita123 said:
Hello,
I live in Arlington, VA and yes Presidentes are being imported by Martlet Importing Co in Reston, VA. Unfortunately for us, it's virtually impossible to buy Presidentes in VA. HOWEVER, they sell them at pretty much every liquor store in Maryland and DC! I bought a 12-pack two weeks ago at a liquor store in MD for $12.99. Can't beat that price! And let me tell you when I took my first sip I closed my eyes and imagined I was back home in Cotui LOL! There's no place like home!

You can find it here in Jersey for $11.99. It is very easy to find here.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
FireGuy said:
I think it might be Martlet.

Gregg

You're correct. Google noted that the spelling might be incorrect and provided the correct spelling of Martlet. However, even in checking that spelling, it came back as the same company, with no specific information other than its location in New York. Would anyone by chance have a phone number, website address, or physical address?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
jackquontee said:
You're correct. Google noted that the spelling might be incorrect and provided the correct spelling of Martlet. However, even in checking that spelling, it came back as the same company, with no specific information other than its location in New York. Would anyone by chance have a phone number, website address, or physical address?
It's possible that Martlet is owned by Molson (or some other company).

BTW, Where did you find the location of Martlet to by NY? I thought they were in Reston Va.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
rellosk said:
It's possible that Martlet is owned by Molson (or some other company).

BTW, Where did you find the location of Martlet to by NY? I thought they were in Reston Va.

On the first Google page. The only mention made on Google about the company being in Reston, VA was associated with the DR1 weblink.

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
Do a yahoo search, you can buy the stuff almost everywhere. It is not the same recipe as the beer from the DR. There have been many threads on this and take a taste test for yourself. What is sold in the US sucks.

Tony-O

Jun 11, 2005
try this if you're looking to buy Presidente where it is available but nobody carries

All outlets of liquor etc will have a magazine that they receive monthly that provides all the items that they may purchase. Here in FL it is called the Southern Beverage Journal. The large grocery chains individually may not have the journal, but certainly the liquor stores and restaurants will. If they are able to purchase Presidente, then you can order it through them. Even if they do not want to carry Presidente on their shelves, they can order it if you pay them in advance. I have done this in FL without a problem and the restaurant simply charged me 5% over their cost. Good hunting.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
Gentlemen, I am not looking for it so much for personal consumption (I travel enough to the DR to get my fill:cheeky: , but for the possibility of distributorship here in the state in which I live.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
FireGuy said:
I think it might be Martlet.
I'm looking at the bottle right now and it says Marlet.
Imported by Marlet Importing Co. Inc, Reston, VA

When I do a Yahoo search, it comes up as:

Martlet Importing Co, Inc
11921 Freedom Dr Ste 550
Reston, VA​

Jackquontee, no telephone number comes up on Superpages, you may want to write them.

Last edited:

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
Odd

Rellosk, that is quite odd as I did a Google and Yahoo search and never came up with a VA location.

Tamborista, I did, however, come up with the weblink you've posted and was able to acquire some info on Presidente USA, with an office address and phone # in Miami. I agree that it may be difficult to make contact, but I believe in the two P's--persistence and perseverance.

Thanks to all.