Bus:Punta to Puerto

koko*

Sep 16, 2005
Is it possible to take a bus from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata or even Sosua? Also, if anyone has advice on flying from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata (cost). Thanks!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No. Take a bus or guagua to Santo Domingo and a Caribe Tours bus from there to Puerto plata or Soua. Slower than flying, but much cheaper

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Bus is cheaper, and SAFER!

Ken said:
No. Take a bus or guagua to Santo Domingo and a Caribe Tours bus from there to Puerto plata or Soua. Slower than flying, but much cheaper

The bus is slower, but safer. See recent small plane accidents near Samana. And others.

Take the bus!

koko*

Sep 16, 2005
Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I probably take ground transport rather than fly, not because I am scared but, because I am cheap!! Haha!!

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Definitely take the plane!

I did the trip between Punta Cana and Puerto Plata and reverse several times within the last two weeks.
It takes you at least 5 hours between Santo Domingo and Puerto Plata and another 4 hours plus with the Bavaro Express.
The last time (yesterday) I used that service the bus caught fire and everybody had to get off and wait for another bus for about an hour.

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Yes Mido. But.

mido said:
Definitely take the plane!

I did the trip between Punta Cana and Puerto Plata and reverse several times within the last two weeks.
It takes you at least 5 hours between Santo Domingo and Puerto Plata and another 4 hours plus with the Bavaro Express.
The last time (yesterday) I used that service the bus caught fire and everybody had to get off and wait for another bus for about an hour.

Yes Mido. But.

What do you do when the PLANE catches fire? Me no make joke. -- Sam