Sankies, Women Scorned, A Difficult Situation

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
For the scorned women...

I posted this on the scorned women thread, but just for the sake of starting my own:

I assume that many of the women who go to DR are of a certain class and possibly even educated (although that may be argued since they seem to generalize a bit harshly). Someone said that dominican men are insecure, but I think it takes a certain type of "educated middle class" foreign woman to accept "piropos" and give in to a low class man from a "3rd world country"...what did u expect? I doubt the guys you found in the DR were of the middle to upper class type of men (they aren't the ones hanging out in the touristic areas waiting for the next gringa who'd like some spice in her life). I doubt that you'd walk ie. the streets of New York and go out w/ the first guy who hollers at you in the street and expect him to be the man of your dreams. The fact that your in a tropical country should not make a difference in that standards you have when looking for men.

It is true that men being unfaithful in the DR is sadly common---but please be careful when you generalize. My father is dominican (as am I) and has always been there for my mother my sisters, and myself (by the way, he was poor...oh and he doesn't have other children nor has he been married before); he has always given me a good example and every reason in the world to treat women with respect. But yet people like yourselves rather dismiss whatever would prove your theory wrong (out of spite perhaps? or does it make it easier when you blame an entire culture?...maybe that helps you to not come to the sad conclusion that you made a mistake knowing what you were getting into but keeping denial as your guard...all because of YOUR own insecurities.

Believe me, there are plenty of good dominican men out there---I admit, it's rare, but there are (they tend NOT to be the ones that holler at you though).

Jose

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Generalizing as to the sub-class of the resort sankie is perfectly acceptable since 99% of the time it is completely true.

These tourist women, and frankly they are not from anything on average but the middle class and lower, are not going to encounter good DR men, since the good DR men are not sankie resort workers, are not in the resorts unless as a guest with their family, and the tourists cannot speak Spanish for the most part. And thus won't be able to communicate with the gents, other than getting sh*tfaced and doing the horizontal mambo, again, with sankies.

These women suffer the same long odds as men with no Spanish ability and no idea of the culture, thinking they can meet and have relationships with good smart sexy young DR women.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
These type of women who get played with by the Sankies should have known better. These type of women need to wake up from their dream and come back to reality. :bunny:

neeny

Feb 6, 2006
Why is everybody so negative, rude and unfavorable towards these relationships with Domincans? They feed you lines, they sleep with men and women, they are only using you to come to the United States. So what? Do you all believe in love that much? Are you all in fairy tale relatonships or are awaiting one? Romantic relationships don't last forever, and if they do it is only because the parties are use to each other and afraid of change. And aren't those people miserable? C'mon, anyone in a very long relationship is miserable (let's say 94 percent vs. 6 percent). You all know the people I'm talking about. So what if someone has an ulterior motive. Don't we all? We do and if you deny it, you are delusional. Lighten up, enjoy life, seize the moment--just don't kid yourself. I guess I can say this lightheartedly because I have true meaningful relationships with my son, my parents, my sisters and very long time friends. I don't put much emphasis on a "romantic relationship". It's good while it lasts.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I think that the way we feel about romantic relationships is because it has been forced on us by church, state, and the ever changing society we live in. Unlike American and Euro cultures many Dominican men and women look on romantic relationships in a very different light than most other parts of the world. The desire for money, status, and lifestyle is fueled everyday by Dominicans and other third world people thanks primarily to television.

Suppressed by their own governments for quality education and chances for advancement and good pay, many Dominicans now use their sexual skills to further their dreams of a better life. I for one see nothing wrong with this. Life has always been ?let the buyer beware.?

You are also correct that long term relationships often lead to heartbreak and misery; record divorce rates prove this point. On the other hand, we as a civilization have become complacent and are no longer willing to work or change to save a marriage or long term relationship.

In the long run we as individuals make our own choices in life, some right and some wrong. We should all learn from this, but many of us do not. I guess that all we can do is hope we make the right decisions most of the time and criticize all of those who do not think the same way we do.

Chuckuindy

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Indychucker, I disagree wholeheartedly with your first paragraph Do you believe that North Americans and Europeans Dont Marry for "money, status, and lifestyle" ? Only for love? Keeping up with the Jones or Les Jones is a way of life and love ESPECIALLY in America and Canada. People will stop at nothing to "better" themselves. Including marrying into money ? "I think the saying goes. I Agree with the OP. Regardless of the country or the culture....there are people that marry for all types of reasons. My Dominican wife certainly didnt marry me for my money ! Or Lifestyle. If anything I believe that women Especially in America determine a man's worth not only on his personality and honor. Job or financial status plays a BIG role in North American "Love" . along with age and a whole host of other "Criteria". I think that the Dominicans are for more open to there life partners without imposing all of these rules to finding their mate. It is also a big part of the reason that ,many people are so lonely and single in those countries. Too many "rules of engagement" ! My hat is off to the men and women of the Dominican Republic for their ability to accept the person rather than to come to the table with a checklist. We all should be so open minded and accepting...........maybe if we were there would be more peace on this planet

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Generally, when two non-related persons decide to be together, there is an implicit, unspoken pact between the two to remain exclusive to each other. If one feels that the relationship is real and rewarding, (and not a one night stand), the breach of this assumed pact is one that results in a reaction relative to the degree of intensity of ones' desire for the other.... Unfortunately, no two people feel same for each other equally. One is bound to end it before the other has time to realize that the feeling wasn't completely mutual.
My point is that we tend to want to fool ourselves by creating romantic fantasies which we so much want to happen. We dream of beautiful lovers in exotic lands that will fill the void in our hearts and makes us feel beautiful and happy once again.
There are many people out there who recognize this and take advantage of the lonely and vulnerable. Most of us understand that this just a temporary respite from our misery, sorrow & despair but still, we dream on.
Maybe the next one will be different......

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I married for love.......

as neither my husband or I had money when we married but we both did have jobs.

Having only known him for 4 months (one of which he was out of the country for, having gone back to his home country) we had to 'work' on our marriage to make it successful.

We also worked together toward shared goals.

36 1/2 yrs later we are still in love, still 'working' on our marriage and still working together towards our goals.

The problem with sankies, women scorned and 'difficult situations' is that usually one of the persons involved is using the other as the means to an end.

In the 16 yrs I have been coming to the DR I've seen and heard hundreds of relationships that have lasted only until one person involved in said relationship gets what they wanted when the relationship started.....usually all the money the other person had or a ticket to a 'richer' life in another country.

Just MHO.......

Also if you peruse the archives you will find many prior posters who no longer post as their 'one of a kind - true love relationship/marriage' dissolved shortly after the love of their life got their permanent residency papers!

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
neeny said:
Why is everybody so negative, rude and unfavorable towards these relationships with Domincans?
--just don't kid yourself.
Most women who use sankies know what they are doing.

Usually we only hear about the delusional idiots who are fooling themselves so naturally these stupid drama queens will elicit corresponding responses.:tired:

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
MommC said:
Also if you peruse the archives you will find many prior posters who no longer post as their 'one of a kind - true love relationship/marriage' dissolved shortly after the love of their life got their permanent residency papers!
Those are the lucky ones.
Some of them are not allowed on the internet anymore.
Some are being physically and mentally abused.
Some of them are living a nightmare in a virtual prison.
They are free to make their beds and they are free to leave or stay.:tired:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Malibook said:
Most women who use sankies know what they are doing.

Usually we only hear about the delusional idiots who are fooling themselves so naturally these stupid drama queens will elicit corresponding responses.:tired:

EXACTLY!!! Most women who use Sankies fail to come back to reality. These women have a good time with Sankies, then they fly back to their home country and send money to these Sankies, hoping that the Sankies will be faithful with them.

Then these women find out that they were used. Well DUH~~~ :bunny:

If these women want to throw money away, then send them to charities or non-profit organizations.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It's always so easy to sit back and judge others but unless you are one of "these" women, then you really don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
Nelly said:
It's always so easy to sit back and judge others but unless you are one of "these" women, then you really don't kow what you are talking about.
So you are claiming that it takes one to know one?

So if I go to Western Union and send some chicas some money, then I will know what I am talking about?:surprised :cheeky:

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I'm saying that these situations have their own unique circumstances and unless you have all the facts you really shouldn't judge. My comments are in response to the general sentiment that the women is dumb so she deserves what she gets. In many cases, this just isn't true or fair to say.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
MommC said:
Just MHO.......

Gee, I'm glad I'm one of the lucky ones, that found a faithful, intelligent, and caring Dominicana that only uses me for sex.The OP is obviously a glass half empty person as opposed to a glass half full person. You know, when you look for disappointment or negativity you usually find it. The probability of a mixed race and mixed cultural relationship working is probably slightly less percentage wise than a same race, same culture relationship, but for Two (and it takes two people) to have a successful long term relationship, you need more than love, you need commitment, patience, and good listening skills.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Use them(the sankies and the cueros) of the DR as they would use you.

Have a great time, take all the phone numbers down, promise to call and throw away all of those little pieces of paper the phone #s are written down on before you get back on your plane home.

It may hurt a little if you actually ran into someone you really liked, but it will help you in the long run not to be able to communicate with them from home.

You'll have the fond memories of a great vacation without the hassles and pendejeria of a bullsh!t long-term relationship that will never work out.;)

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Tuition Fees

Potato_Salad said:
These type of women who get played with by the Sankies ....need to wake up from their dream and come back to reality....

?Tranqillo!
I'd rather have them follow their dream for some time, at least for a dozen WU-remittances.
Education cannot be given free of charge.

m'frog

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
mountainfrog said:
?Tranqillo!
I'd rather have them follow their dream for some time, at least for a dozen WU-remittances.
Education cannot be given free of charge.

m'frog

True mountainfrog :)

Which is why we are here to warn them before it gets worse! But these women still do not listen!!!

Anyway, how was your weekend?