Mexico
Nicaragua
Switzerland
Turks And Caicos
British Virgin Islands

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
What, I need to have a US "green card"?...

To go to El Salvador? What Dominican in his right mind wants to go to this crime ridden, environmentally fowled, little stupid country? There are much, much, much, more desirable destinations in the world I want to travel to that does not require $hit. I'd go to Kampala, Uganda before I see your crappy nation!

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Unfortunately this list is not complete and even contains some mistakes. I wonder what is its source. Switzerland requires a visa for all Dominican citizens, Liechtenstein and Iceland do not require any visa for Dominican citizens.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
I think what this means is: if you want to go to whatever other country that does not appear in the first 2 lists then you need a visa before getting there.

But, IF you are dominican AND you have a greencard then you can waive the visa requirement for the countries that appear in the 3rd list.

Jess

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Don Juan said:
To go to El Salvador? What Dominican in his right mind wants to go to this crime ridden, environmentally fowled, little stupid country? There are much, much, much, more desirable destinations in the world I want to travel to that does not require $hit. I'd go to Kampala, Uganda before I see your crappy nation!

ignorance, arrogance, and stupidity are big issues/traits for many dominicans like yourself.

If you have not been to El Salvador then you cannot say things.
Just b/c you read stuff does not mean the entire country is like that. At least in El Salvador people do not get mug for dumb things like cell phones.
And there's electricity 24/7,,, hummmm such a little country with electr; DR such a big island and cannot go for 24 hrs w/o interruption of electr. And the currency in El Salvador (in case you were not aware) is the dollar... just mentioning so that your ignorance level drops by 0.5%.

and yes, go to uganda,, go see your ancestors; El Salvador does not need visitors like yourself... country is better off w/o people like yourself (dominican or not).

THE GAME

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
hansbert said:
Unfortunately this list is not complete and even contains some mistakes. I wonder what is its source. Switzerland requires a visa for all Dominican citizens, Liechtenstein and Iceland do not require any visa for Dominican citizens.

IF You call the Embassy or Consulate of Switzerland in The USA..you will prove for yourself thet infact Dominicans with permanent Residency in the USA dont need a visa to enter Switzerland aslong as they have their current valid Greencard
Here is what they have on their website (No visa is required for foreigners who have a valid U.S. green card (Permanent Resident Card, form I-551) and a valid national passport for tourism, visits, business or medical treatment for a stay up to 90 days. Both documents (passport and green card) must be valid at least three months after leaving Swiss territory.)

and Dominicans National Do need a visa for Iceland since Iceland is part of the Shenghen Agreement

and for Lichteinsein...if you need a visa for Switzerland you need a visa for them aswell because Switzerland does all Consular type of things for Lichteinsein.Plus they dont have an airport therefore you must first fly into Switzerland or Austria and drive there

Last edited:

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
I may have been a bit rude!

THE GAME said:
ignorance, arrogance, and stupidity are big issues/traits for many dominicans like yourself.

If you have not been to El Salvador then you cannot say things.
Just b/c you read stuff does not mean the entire country is like that. At least in El Salvador people do not get mug for dumb things like cell phones.
And there's electricity 24/7,,, hummmm such a little country with electr; DR such a big island and cannot go for 24 hrs w/o interruption of electr. And the currency in El Salvador (in case you were not aware) is the dollar... just mentioning so that your ignorance level drops by 0.5%.

and yes, go to uganda,, go see your ancestors; El Salvador does not need visitors like yourself... country is better off w/o people like yourself (dominican or not).

THE GAME

And I apologize for my comments. No, I have no been there nor do I wish to do so, electricity 24/7, not withstanding.
I base my comments on what I've read, seen on TV & experienced here in the US. That is not to say that the people are any more terrible than we, Dominicans, au contraire, they're friendly & helpful. What I refer to is the country as a whole with its rampant crime (Mara Salvatrucha). According to the Washington Post & BBC, jails are busting at the seams & environmental degradation is second only to Haiti.
Because the currency is dollarized, it doesn't mean your country is better off economically than DR. Matter of fact, you adopted the dollar simply because you could not manage your own economy. Is that something to be proud of? Sometimes the truth hurts. Don't take it personally.
You can come up with, probably, hundreds of woes/deficiencies my DR suffers from, that I would agree with you about... The first step in solving a problem is to recognize it. But perhaps you're Right, I should not believe everything I see on TV or read in the papers. maybe I should go there.(if you let me in). Possibly someday, we can seat and have a couple of "pilseners" and talk trash at a safe place in San Salvador..... You do have then, don't you?

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Don Juan said:
And I apologize for my comments. No, I have no been there nor do I wish to do so, electricity 24/7, not withstanding.
I base my comments on what I've read, seen on TV & experienced here in the US. That is not to say that the people are any more terrible than we, Dominicans, au contraire, they're friendly & helpful. What I refer to is the country as a whole with its rampant crime (Mara Salvatrucha). According to the Washington Post & BBC, jails are busting at the seams & environmental degradation is second only to Haiti.
Because the currency is dollarized, it doesn't mean your country is better off economically than DR. Matter of fact, you adopted the dollar simply because you could not manage your own economy. Is that something to be proud of? Sometimes the truth hurts. Don't take it personally.
You can come up with, probably, hundreds of woes/deficiencies my DR suffers from, that I would agree with you about... The first step in solving a problem is to recognize it. But perhaps you're Right, I should not believe everything I see on TV or read in the papers. maybe I should go there.(if you let me in). Possibly someday, we can seat and have a couple of "pilseners" and talk trash at a safe place in San Salvador..... You do have then, don't you?

correct about the beer pilsener. Pilsener is the name of ES most popular beer; equivalent to Presidente in DR.

True, the maras (gangs) are the #1 problem in ES in my opinion. Even with gov't "tougher" laws, these maras just continue to grow and expand.

about the currency,,, the currency before it was converted to dollar was always b/w 8 to 8.90 pesos for 1 dollar. Less fluctuations then DR's 55 to 1, then next govt 28 to 1. So in a way the dollar was stronger in ES.

but anyway, this thread is not about ES differences with DR so i will not get carry away with saying things about DR vs ES.

about this thread,
is the list of countries for Dominicans not requiring visa the same list as one list published last yr?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Get your facts ( and math ) right, please.

THE GAME said:
about the currency,,, the currency before it was converted to dollar was always b/w 8 to 8.90 pesos for 1 dollar. Less fluctuations then DR's 55 to 1, then next govt 28 to 1. So in a way the dollar was stronger in ES.

The units of one currency to another , e.g. 8.9 vs. 55 or 28 is totally meaningless when comparing two countries. So it costs 9 pesos in Salvador to buy something that costs essentially US$1. If it costs 55 RD pesos for the same thing in the DR then the values are essentially the same. All you will see is the notional price is 9 in ES and 55 (or 28 etc.) in the DR.

The numbers themselves cannot arbitrate absolute value at all. Look at Chile if you don't get this, much better than the DR economy but has had a range of 450-700 Chilean pesos for a US$. My coffee there is 450 pesos vs. my DR coffee is 55 and my ES coffee is 9. Get it?

There is an economic index that tries to compare countries by looking at the price of a Big Mac, in US$. If you used that index you would get an idea of how far a US$ goes, regardless of the # of units of local currency you buy with that US$ first to pay for the Big Mac (or kWh of power, or litre of gas, etc.)

However the post that upset you was stupid, I agree on that. ES has gang and crime problems, so does the DR and the USA for that matter. Not worth casting the whole country into the dumpster.

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
Don Juan said:

that was kinda rude!

one of my close friends is from El Salvador and loves it there.
There may be crime but tell me where doesnt these days?:ermm: right?

I have seen many pictures and would love to someday visit there.
And like others have said you cant make judgements based on a place you have never been.

At least you apoligized though :bunny:

*Baby Girl

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Dominicans/no visa required

Dominicans definitely need no visa to go to Iceland. Iceland has never been a member of the EU and for Dominicans does not require a visa. This has nothing to do with the Schengen agreement but depends on their own legislation. By the way, the Schengen agreement is an agreement between EU member states, that is why it does not apply to Iceland.
Dominicans theoretically do not need a visa to go to Liechtenstein. Practically they can enter there without a visa overland from Swiss or Austrian teriitory.

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
hansbert said:
Dominicans definitely need no visa to go to Iceland. Iceland has never been a member of the EU and for Dominicans does not require a visa. This has nothing to do with the Schengen agreement but depends on their own legislation. By the way, the Schengen agreement is an agreement between EU member states, that is why it does not apply to Iceland.
Dominicans theoretically do not need a visa to go to Liechtenstein. Practically they can enter there without a visa overland from Swiss or Austrian teriitory.

as a matter of fact Iceland is not part of the EU but they are part of the Shenghen agreement..therefore they issue Shenghen visa.Read up on your info as they have been part of that agreement for several years already
The Schengen visa is valid for the following 15 European countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden
Norway and Iceland are two countries not part of the EU but part of Shenghen

Here what their Tourist Info office said
Liechtenstein maintains a complete customs union with Switzerland and hence does not issue its own visas: if you can enter Switzerland, you can enter Liechtenstein, and there are no border formalities needed for crossing between the two countries.

Last edited:

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
does anyone know which countries a dominican with permanent residence in one of the EU can go without a visa? (if possible)

boogieman

Mar 30, 2006
mariel said:
does anyone know which countries a dominican with permanent residence in one of the EU can go without a visa? (if possible)

im also waiting for that answer.

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
boogieman: i guess either we need visas no matter what or we'll need to be *very* comfortable while waiting hehe.

Bailarina

May 16, 2005
that is a small minded thing to say. i am american but i have plenty of salvadoran friends that have invited me to their country, and i would go in a heartbeat if for nothing else, than just to see something new. have you in fact been there or are you going on the statements of other people? maybe you should check it out and you may find it's not what you thought. i'm of the mind that traveling to anywhere expands one's horizons, so, well, i'll leave it there :)

Don Juan said: