Baby's Crying Again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP23

Jul 15, 2005
Is this about A. Rod. He blames the World BaseBall has made him do it. STop crying you big baby!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
rellosk...

Sorry...my mistake...I meant WHINING!!!!

But what I wrote STILL doesn't mean WINNING...as you would like to think!!!

MQ

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
A-Rod is a very good baseball player. And he is making around $25 million a year. So the media loves to take shots at him.

BTW, any Red Sox fans here? Manny and Ortiz are the best 1-2 punch in all of baseball. :bunny:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Bullseye

Potato_Salad said:
A-Rod is a very good baseball player. And he is making around $25 million a year. So the media loves to take shots at him.

BTW, any Red Sox fans here? Manny and Ortiz are the best 1-2 punch in all of baseball. :bunny:
No one here can question how good he is, it's apparent.

The heat he's taken on this subject has been very limited, tame almost (what I've read anyway).

Please keep in mind, he brought this all upon himself, and now he's firing shots that his situation was bumbled by others?

I'm admittedly not an MeRod fan, but for him to blame others for how this was handled is absurd, laughable. On the one hand, when I read that he was whining and moaning about this subject, I found it hard to believe. But just a short perusal of his history shows that it's right on par with the rest of his senseless babble anytime his approach to this part of the game is questioned.

A really good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water. He just doesn't seem to see that.

Of all the MLB'ers out there, he has the most to gain by letting his performance speak for itself, and not his distorted view on the way the world should perceive him; a guiltless victim of that perception.

To quote the esteemed rellosk - it's "total rubbish".

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Cleef said:
No one here can question how good he is, it's apparent.

The heat he's taken on this subject has been very limited, tame almost (what I've read anyway).

Please keep in mind, he brought this all upon himself, and now he's firing shots that his situation was bumbled by others?

I'm admittedly not an MeRod fan, but for him to blame others for how this was handled is absurd, laughable. On the one hand, when I read that he was whining and moaning about this subject, I found it hard to believe. But just a short perusal of his history shows that it's right on par with the rest of his senseless babble anytime his approach to this part of the game is questioned.

A really good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water. He just doesn't seem to see that.

Of all the MLB'ers out there, he has the most to gain by letting his performance speak for itself, and not his distorted view on the way the world should perceive him; a guiltless victim of that perception.

To quote the esteemed rellosk - it's "total rubbish".

I agree and find your post very interesting. :)

I'm a Red Sox fan so I do not like A-Rod. lol

Anyway, I think that A-Rod needs to know how to better deal with the media. A-Rod has played in small to mid-size market teams (Seattle and Texas).

So for him to suddenly land in the biggest media market in America (NYC), I "think" it was a big of a shock for him.

This will be A-Rod's second year in NYC. So maybe he will be better prepared.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Potato_Salad said:
Anyway, I think that A-Rod needs to know how to better deal with the media. A-Rod has played in small to mid-size market teams (Seattle and Texas).

So for him to suddenly land in the biggest media market in America (NYC), I "think" it was a big of a shock for him.
Most of the NY fans and NY media love having him in NY, it's the fans of other teams that give him a hard time.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Sounds familiar

rellosk said:
Most of the NY fans and NY media love having him in NY, it's the fans of other teams that give him a hard time.
They were saying the same thing about Saddam Hussein.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
rellosk said:

Very good points. :)

Being one of the best baseball players and the highest paid player, he is an easy target for criticism (both in NY and especially outside of NY).

For example, A-Rod was 1 for 4 with one steal during a game vs. The Oakland A's. And what did the Daily News say about A-Rod's game? They said that they were waiting for the real A-Rod to show up.

The Daily News should realize that A-Rod cannot be 5 for 5 with 8 RBI's and 4 steals every game.

But recently, the NY media has been kinder towards A-Rod. And if be brings a Championship to NY, the media will worship him like a God. lol :bunny:

The Seattle media hates A-Rod. But how can someone turn down a 10-year, $252 million deal from an arch rival (Texas)?

As for Boston, well, that's another story. lol

Take care.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
This is why some people hate him...

Potato_Salad said:
For example, A-Rod was 1 for 4 with one steal during a game vs. The Oakland A's. And what did the Daily News say about A-Rod's game? They said that they were waiting for the real A-Rod to show up.

The Daily News should realize that A-Rod cannot be 5 for 5 with 8 RBI's and 4 steals every game.

He SHOULD if he's the highest paid player in the world!!!

The Seattle media hates A-Rod. But how can someone turn down a 10-year, $252 million deal from an arch rival (Texas)?

Agreed...not everyone could...me included...but if you are making so much money, you should concentrate on performing better and keeping your mouth shut...especially...stop crying and blaming everyone else for your stupid decisions!!!

MQ

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
I used to be a huge supporter of A Rod. But man what a waste of time and money. Nothing is his fault it is always someone else's.

He reminds me of the kid in the sand box who got sand all over everyone else while he was digging, then another kids gets a little sand on him and he starts crying.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Musicqueen said:
He SHOULD if he's the highest paid player in the world!!!

Agreed...not everyone could...me included...but if you are making so much money, you should concentrate on performing better and keeping your mouth shut...especially...stop crying and blaming everyone else for your stupid decisions!!!

MQ

I know that A-Rod sucked during the post-season.

But he has put up the best numbers of all baseball players. Who has played better than him. Barry Bonds? That steroids freak missed all of last season.

Ken Griffey? He's been on the DL more often than my grandfather.

Gary Sheffield? Jeter? Vernon Wells? Suzuki? Matsui? I don't think so.

I'm a Red Sox fan and I would love to have him on my team. Too bad a deal did not go through two years ago.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
A.J. said:
I used to be a huge supporter of A Rod. But man what a waste of time and money. Nothing is his fault it is always someone else's.

He reminds me of the kid in the sand box who got sand all over everyone else while he was digging, then another kids gets a little sand on him and he starts crying.

I do not think that A-Rod is a waste of time and money. A-Rod did say, "I played like a dog." after being eliminated in the 2005 ALDS. And he took "full" responsibility for the Yankees' loss. He was man enough to admit his mistake.

A-Rod is human like all of us. And I read an article in mlb.com that said that A-Rod's uncle (father figure) passed away during the regular season which affected A-Rod greatly.

One reporter asked A-Rod if his uncle's death was the reason why he did not perform well in the playoffs. A-Rod's answer was "I will not use that as an excuse." "I will work harder and prepare for next season."

A-Rod did help the Yankees win the A.L. East last season. In 2005, he did not miss a single game. He had a bad back and he still played. His uncle passed away and he still played. Why? Because the Yankees were in a playoff race with Boston and Cleveland.

A lot of the Yankees pitchers were injured. So the Yankees had to win by relying on their offense. And A-Rod did just that. Which earned him the 2005 A.L. MVP which was his second.

Some of you may disagree with me, but I think that the media should cut some slack with these stars. The media bashes these star players so that they can sell more newspapers and magazines. Its a ratings war out there (ESPN, CNN, MLB, FOX, etc.).

For example, Manny gets criticized a lot in the Boston media as well. Why? Because he is the highest paid player (in the Red Sox) and he is one of the best.

Manny will not report to Red Sox camp until March 1st. And the Boston media is already all over him.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Again

Potato_Salad said:
I know that A-Rod sucked during the post-season.

But he has put up the best numbers of all baseball players. Who has played better than him. Barry Bonds? That steroids freak missed all of last season.

Ken Griffey? He's been on the DL more often than my grandfather.

Gary Sheffield? Jeter? Vernon Wells? Suzuki? Matsui? I don't think so.

I'm a Red Sox fan and I would love to have him on my team. Too bad a deal did not go through two years ago.
No one is questioning his baseball skills. He's a mental midget, that's all anyone is saying.

As for his postseason prowess, there is nothing to speak of. He's been a complete failure. Forget numbers, it's all situational in the playoffs, and he's folded under the pressure time and time again.

Keeping in mind that he can't do much worse, I'd bet anything he will eventually put his skill to good use and be a big postseason contributor at some point. He doesn't have to carry his team to get there, and the only pressure he'll have is whatever dragons he creates in his own mind - which seems to be another strong skill he possesses.

Regardless of the name on the front of his jersey, I'll likely never find myself rooting for him as an athlete. He's a bush-leaguer through and through.

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
A Rod will have monster year and Yankees will sweep playoffs like they did in 1998.

----swamee Larry

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Cleef said:
No one is questioning his baseball skills. He's a mental midget, that's all anyone is saying.

As for his postseason prowess, there is nothing to speak of. He's been a complete failure. Forget numbers, it's all situational in the playoffs, and he's folded under the pressure time and time again.

Keeping in mind that he can't do much worse, I'd bet anything he will eventually put his skill to good use and be a big postseason contributor at some point. He doesn't have to carry his team to get there, and the only pressure he'll have is whatever dragons he creates in his own mind - which seems to be another strong skill he posesses.

Regardless of the name on the front of his jersey, I'll likely never find myself rooting for him as an athlete. He's a bush-leaguer through and through.

You are correct that he cannot do much worse.

And I respect everyone's posts here which makes this thread very interesting!!! I love baseball and especially my Red Sox. :)

I "think" A-Rod will be more relaxed in NY since it will be his second year in pinstripes. And if he does perform better in the playoffs, I hope it will not be against my Red Sox. lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.