Yaaaawn.....

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I thought DR1 was getting boring but now I have proof, we have gone on 3 pages bumping an accidental thread that the OP has admitted he/she is ashamed of and is sorry for having bothered us with a geographically off-topic post.

Some of you people need to wake up, don't you realise you have a responsibility to entertain me during my 18 hour days chained to my desk in the office? Time to start taking your responsibilities seriously folks, if nothing exciting has happenned to you lately then MAKE SOMETHING UP DAMMIT!!!

Let's get some Sankie sock puppets in here, let's get some poorly written spanish emails from jealous semi-literate chicas, let's get some ignorant racists with poor spelling and grammar we can all heap abuse on with a clear conscience, let's get some airheaded tourists calling our beloved country "The Dominican" or maybe a retarded local who misses Hippo.

Seriously people, I'm falling asleep here....

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You mean the cat fight is no longer doing it for you? :laugh:

At least they narrowed it down to one thread.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
AnnaC said:
You mean the cat fight is no longer doing it for you? :laugh:

At least they narrowed it down to one thread.

Ya, check out that if you want a laugh.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
You're the internet - ENTERTAIN ME!

We do our best, MrMike.

Wasn't my thread about camp toasters particularly scintillating?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Yes Chiri... and I was about to add that you could probably get a local to make you one using spare parts if you couldn't find one in a store.

But then I remembered that my Jimmy-riggs usually only work for me and other people have a hard time using the appliances I keep around that are all "hacked" and customized. (but sans instructions)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Not sure what the deal is here, it's not my forum. It's been going on for a few days and nights now.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
AnnaC said:
Not sure what the deal is here, it's not my forum. It's been going on for a few days and nights now.
CC is the moderator of that forum and as I said before, I don't believe he knows how to close a thread. ;););)

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
S'OK folks, somebody went and said "The Dominican" again and I got to put on my DRNazi Jackboots and march back and forth in my little office making up lyrics to the Dominican National anthem:

"Quisqueyanos... bla bla something...."
"bla bla something, hmmm hmmm hmmm...."
etc.

I'll be OK for a few hours now, longer if somebody wants to argue back.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey Mike,
Does this mean you didn't read lgordo's review on Paraiso Del Sol?
That's enough laughs to last you at least a week.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
rellosk said:
CC is the moderator of that forum and as I said before, I don't believe he knows how to close a thread. ;););)

Maybe he ran out of locks and he and Robert are at the hardware store as we speak. :laugh:

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Computer Problem

Dear Mr. Mike,

The last time I was in the DR I brought my g/f a Toshiba laptop. It is a top of the line unit running XP. I felt that this would help bridge the gap in our L/D relationship. It is equipped with software to allow streaming real time video using the new Nikon digital video camera I gave her at the same time. I had hopes that by using video conferencing the sight of her glorious body would help warm these cold Indiana winter nights.

Well now that I am back there seems to be a little system glitch. For some reason I keep receiving ghost images in the video I receive. It is always a male figure in various sorts of undress. Sometimes he has his shirt off and other times he is totally naked. The other funny thing is that he seems to be in the same bed with her. Why just last night I could have swore that I saw a males head enter one or two frames of the video just right at her waist line. I keep assuring her that this is what we call ghost images and there is a fix for it.

Today I sent another $400USD via Western Union to have her take the camera to a local shop to see if it was possible that there is an image burnt on to the lens. I guess it could also be that she is using some digital tape that is not completely erased. She assures me that she keeps the lens clean and that she only uses the camera and laptop for our little pleasure sessions.

I have to admit that being a country girl she is no computer guru, but how hard could it be to check the #9 pin on the video output cable? You know the one I mean, the Key pin, often referred to as the (plugged hole). This is making me nuts.

I have also asked her to check out Open GL, in Windows Cabs. If you can think of anything else we should try please let me know. You might also tell me what the cost would be for you to make a house call in La Romana. I think it would be best if you were able to be there during one of our fantasy sessions. You know I trust you.

Chuckuindy

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I just picked up a really nice Nikon Video Camera from The Compra Venda in La Romana, no way.....ya think? Impossible.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
chuckuindy said:
Dear Mr. Mike,

The last time I was in the DR I brought my g/f a Toshiba laptop. It is a top of the line unit running XP. I felt that this would help bridge the gap in our L/D relationship. It is equipped with software to allow streaming real time video using the new Nikon digital video camera I gave her at the same time. I had hopes that by using video conferencing the sight of her glorious body would help warm these cold Indiana winter nights.

Well now that I am back there seems to be a little system glitch. For some reason I keep receiving ghost images in the video I receive. It is always a male figure in various sorts of undress. Sometimes he has his shirt off and other times he is totally naked. The other funny thing is that he seems to be in the same bed with her. Why just last night I could have swore that I saw a males head enter one or two frames of the video just right at her waist line. I keep assuring her that this is what we call ghost images and there is a fix for it.

Today I sent another $400USD via Western Union to have her take the camera to a local shop to see if it was possible that there is an image burnt on to the lens. I guess it could also be that she is using some digital tape that is not completely erased. She assures me that she keeps the lens clean and that she only uses the camera and laptop for our little pleasure sessions.

I have to admit that being a country girl she is no computer guru, but how hard could it be to check the #9 pin on the video output cable? You know the one I mean, the Key pin, often referred to as the (plugged hole). This is making me nuts.

I have also asked her to check out Open GL, in Windows Cabs. If you can think of anything else we should try please let me know. You might also tell me what the cost would be for you to make a house call in La Romana. I think it would be best if you were able to be there during one of our fantasy sessions. You know I trust you.

Chuckuindy

Sorry Chuck, this is obviously an IP conflict. Let me guess, your GF is using Verizon Flash internet, right?

That's what I thought.

What happens is that Verizon has a messed up DHCP server that sometimes assigns the same IP address to multiple computers, but since it happens behind a firewall both computers get internet access, instead of one getting an error as would normally be the case.

So what you are seeing is actually two webcams simultaneously, and this accounts for the ghost images you are getting.

I suggest you switch your GF over to Tricom so she can get a fixed IP address.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Tamborista said:
I just picked up a really nice Nikon Video Camera from The Compra Venda in La Romana, no way.....ya think? Impossible.

No way could it be the same one. She left today for the campo in San Juan La Maguana to attend some type of religious ceremony. She took the camera because it has night vision and a macro lens. Something about shooting with available candle light.

She is such a sweetheart; she is going to bring me a doll of some kind.

Chuckuindy

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Thanks for the help

MrMike said:
Sorry Chuck, this is obviously an IP conflict. Let me guess, your GF is using Verizon Flash internet, right?

That's what I thought.

What happens is that Verizon has a messed up DHCP server that sometimes assigns the same IP address to multiple computers, but since it happens behind a firewall both computers get internet access, instead of one getting an error as would normally be the case.

So what you are seeing is actually two webcams simultaneously, and this accounts for the ghost images you are getting.

I suggest you switch your GF over to Tricom so she can get a fixed IP address.

Thanks Mike, I?ll get right on that. It may take a few days as I believe that there is a problem with Orange service in La Romana, or it could be that the problem is with the new HP PDA phone I gave her. For some reason it is hard to get in touch with her during certain hours of the day. Even when I leave voice messages she swears she never receives them.

Most of the time I can get a hold of her by phone between 6am and noon, but she is always sleepy and we never get to talk that long. It seems that the only long conversations we have is on the 20th of each month when I call her with the Western Union confirmation number.

I sure hope this Tricom thing works. Do you think I should send a little extra money for her to make the switch?

Chuckuindy